Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'm surprised people pay that much for a pickup. I guess I'm showing my age, but they used to always be cheaper than cars. I don't see what there is about this vehicle that makes it worth so much. It's not quick or fast, most owners will probably not go off road because they don't want to scratch it. I think it looks cool, though. Even if I had the cash laying around I think I would spend it on something else.
Chick Norris don't buy no pu$$y truck.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm willing to bet there's going to be some pretty interesting recalls that surface not long after they start hitting the dealer lots. A basically new ecoboost that's being pushed to make it seem worthy of this platform mated with that tranny :shrug: We shall see I guess. We bought a '16 3.5 ecoturd platinum 4x4 and even in sport mode it's completely gutless. I'm going to test drive it but not holding my breath that it will impress me but I actually hope it proves me wrong :cheers:
Something must've been wrong with your "ecoturd" or maybe you expected too much... I've had both 5L and 3.5L engines in these F150s and he 3.5L performs lands above the 5L, especially with a trailer behind it. The hotter those turbos get, the more potent it gets.

The 3.5L can handle the Raptor platform easily... and I'll be willing to bet the 30-50 and 50-70 times will be faster due to the turbos than the 6.4L. Some will blame that added quickness on the 10-speed auto, and I agree that will help. It's more efficient and more powerful... I'm sure it will handle its own well. :cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm surprised people pay that much for a pickup. I guess I'm showing my age, but they used to always be cheaper than cars. I don't see what there is about this vehicle that makes it worth so much. It's not quick or fast, most owners will probably not go off road because they don't want to scratch it. I think it looks cool, though. Even if I had the cash laying around I think I would spend it on something else.
They used to be just trucks now they have crew cabs where the inside of the truck is just as spacey as a car...even more so. Also, this truck has a lot of tech in it for 68k. The raptor starts.at 47k or something like that. I usually buy Toyota trucks and even their trucks have went up 5k in the last couple years.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A 2011 Mustang V6 with PP was 5.2 seconds 0-60... stock. Basically if you own a Raptor you'd best not challenge anyone to a race. Or just expect to lose.

SLOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!

They used to be just trucks now they have crew cabs where the inside of the truck is just as spacey as a car...even more so. Also, this truck has a lot of tech in it for 68k. The raptor starts.at 47k or something like that. I usually buy Toyota trucks and even their trucks have went up 5k in the last couple years.
I guess I can see for someone that wants a luxury vehicle 68K isn't a crazy amount, if that's what the Raptor is. I have a pickup I paid $5k for and it has an 8 foot bed. It will also tow a lot more than the Raptor, and there's no problem with the snow plow I hooked up to it. It has a crappy interior though, so I guess if the pickup is purchased for its nice interior rather than for doing work, the Raptor might be someone's choice.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2011 Mustang V6 with PP was 5.2 seconds 0-60... stock. Basically if you own a Raptor you'd best not challenge anyone to a race. Or just expect to lose.

SLOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!

I guess I can see for someone that wants a luxury vehicle 68K isn't a crazy amount, if that's what the Raptor is. I have a pickup I paid $5k for and it has an 8 foot bed. It will also tow a lot more than the Raptor, and there's no problem with the snow plow I hooked up to it. It has a crappy interior though, so I guess if the pickup is purchased for its nice interior rather than for doing work, the Raptor might be someone's choice.
What's your beef with how some of us choose to spend our dough bro?:headbang:

It may be slow... may not tow as much as your beater truck, but it's all good... enjoy your beater, and I'll enjoy my Raptor.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
No Kidding, it wasn't meant to be fast on the road! And I bet 2 or 3 out of 10 times I'll beat you zero to 60. You in your 350 and me in my raptor ON the road, and it weighs 1.5 times your 350! Watch out for a cold or low traction day when I take 10 out of 10.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
the 3.5 TT ecoboost motor was a joy in my 2011 f-150. With a lighty tune, that truck hauled some serious ass.

I'm actually pretty thrilled that ford went ecoboost in the raptor. many had spent a ton of coin to put the motor in a raptor previously.

if i was in the market, i'd consider one, but i'm hard pressed to swap a G63 AMG for a raptor though. I'll keep it an my 71 f100 parts hauler.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What's your beef with how some of us choose to spend our dough bro?:headbang:

It may be slow... may not tow as much as your beater truck, but it's all good... enjoy your beater, and I'll enjoy my Raptor.
Sorry - I should keep some questions to myself. :) I understand we all have different priorities and different amounts of money to spend. I do think the Raptor is wicked cool, especially the older V8 version. :headbang:

No Kidding, it wasn't meant to be fast on the road! And I bet 2 or 3 out of 10 times I'll beat you zero to 60. You in your 350 and me in my raptor ON the road, and it weighs 1.5 times your 350! Watch out for a cold or low traction day when I take 10 out of 10.
Right now with it being 5 degrees outside I believe the Raptor would beat the GT350, but in warm temperatures on a decent road I would take that bet.

I agree it's not meant to be fast on the road and if you wanted something for that there are cheaper and quicker AWD vehicles out there. Sorry if I was insulting I didn't mean to be. I was mostly questioning why people want one and what they use it for. I guess looking good is as good a reason to buy a vehicle as any. :cheers:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some of the guys in Alaska that I spoke to who owned Raptors actually prefer them to F250s for work trucks.

Sponsored

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
What's your asking price? I also have a '14 But Ruby Red extremely clean 9200 miles and I know the dealer will low ball the hell out of it if I trade it in... Private sale is the way to go with these trucks. They generally sell pretty quick over on the Raptor forum if your not already on there :cheers:

def selling private. I have the title in hand. Looking to get 40+. Not sure if that is realistic, but considering the premiums they were commanding and the last of the V8 Raptors...I am hoping I get a good return out of it.

Good advice on the Raptor forum. Thanks,

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
the 3.5 TT ecoboost motor was a joy in my 2011 f-150. With a lighty tune, that truck hauled some serious ass.

I'm actually pretty thrilled that ford went ecoboost in the raptor. many had spent a ton of coin to put the motor in a raptor previously.

if i was in the market, i'd consider one, but i'm hard pressed to swap a G63 AMG for a raptor though. I'll keep it an my 71 f100 parts hauler.
2011 was the worst time for those motors as that's when all the problems started turning up. I had an '11 which was terrible, a '12 a little better but still terrible then a '13 and 2 '14 Raptor 6.2's of which one is still in the garage :headbang: Just traded my brother in laws '12 Platinum for a '16 Platinum 4x4 because it started being in the shop more than at home... And he's not at all performance oriented and just drives them. One thing after another started going on that thing and it had fairly low miles on it.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
def selling private. I have the title in hand. Looking to get 40+. Not sure if that is realistic, but considering the premiums they were commanding and the last of the V8 Raptors...I am hoping I get a good return out of it.

Good advice on the Raptor forum. Thanks,
Oh that's very doable for sure. I'd start at $50k if it's in decent shape and haggle from there to be honest. Like I said before I just traded 2 the beginning on this year and got almost sticker on one and $2k over sticker on the other but it had very low miles on it. And that's trade in where you get raped usually. If you sell private you can do much better. They're going like hot cakes on the Raptor Forum and they're asking around $40k for '11s I know you can do better for yours :thumbsup:

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
2011 was the worst time for those motors as that's when all the problems started turning up. I had an '11 which was terrible, a '12 a little better but still terrible then a '13 and 2 '14 Raptor 6.2's of which one is still in the garage :headbang: Just traded my brother in laws '12 Platinum for a '16 Platinum 4x4 because it started being in the shop more than at home... And he's not at all performance oriented and just drives them. One thing after another started going on that thing and it had fairly low miles on it.
My truck was solid as a rock.

I swapped most of the suspension, was running 37s ( with fox coilovers , deaver springs , chaos arms and air bumps).

I only got rid of it because an uninsured driver in a tahoe walloped me doing 70 mph, while i was stopped. I'm sure it could have been fixed, but I didnt want it anymore after that happened.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
nope GT350 turns more heads
Sponsored