Sponsored

When are we due for more info or hints?

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
It seems like the Mach1 rumors have run dry. Are we due for more info or do we have to wait for the car show circuit to kickoff again next winter before we learn more?

:ford:
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I believe we're scheduled to hear officially at 0900 hrs on 7th January 2017*

(* I may have just made that up......it's my birthday that day, so it'd make for a cool present :D )

On a slightly more serious note.............absolutely no idea! I would assume, given '17s are already hitting the lots, that the Mach 1 will be based on the '18MY face lift car. I'd expect that car to be launched in Detroit in January, so hopefully we'll start to see camo'd cars in the next few months. Hopefully one of those camo'd cars will look a little different (quad exhaust, etc) so that would, hopefully, indicate it's the Mach 1.

I guess Ford may decide to launch the facelifted Ecoboost/V6/GT first, then roll out the Mach 1 a few months later to keep the interest/press coverage spread out a little.

:)

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Well, when there's no more rumors, you create one!

Here's my findings on google maps at Ford Dearborn Development Center

1st image: Not sure if they are even mustangs, but the hood strip is different than the normal Mustang and GT350
2nd image: Seems like they started production for the new GT. Notice the Gulf color.
Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 11.30.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 11.31.00 PM.png

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
Ooh that looks like fun. I just did the same thing with Bing maps since I figured the image would be from a different day. Some of the same cars are around that building still:

MFZgAZ3.png

QjJhyYN.png

fDL9fYz.png

The one right next to the building looks like a red/white GT (better angle in 2nd/3rd pic); in the same spot as the GT in your's too. I can't quite tell what the other cars lined up are. The gray car with the red roof is in both set of pictures too (looks gray in my first pic, but more white in the other angles).

Here's the link for the POV of the first image: http://binged.it/291JOvf

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
LOL...
Thanks, guys! This is better than nothing. :D

Great find with those satellite pics, Dary! I really want that 2012 CO Boss 302.

Sponsored

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Here's an update, I couldn't find the imagery date for bing's but found for the ones I posted. The pics were taken on 4/14/2016 according to google earth desktop app.

And now after MRGTX pointed the Boss 302, I realized the other silver one with red roof is also Boss 302. The red mustang on the left side of the CO Boss is definitely a s197 GT500. (notice the wide black hood vent)

Usually Ford uses old models for benchmarking purposes, so, the GT500 is there to help create the new beast. It's happening people!

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

TheRiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Boat
Whats the big deal with the mach 1 over the 5.0? Different body panels? lights? just the name?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Whats the big deal with the mach 1 over the 5.0? Different body panels? lights? just the name?
We'll know when we see it :p

Whilst the Mach 1 of the 70s effectively replaced the GT, I hope this new one is more in line with the SN95 Mach 1. That one sat nicely between the GT and the Terminator......so something that sits between a GT and a GT350 today would be ideal.

It would also be cool if the Mach 1 sported unique front and rear fascias, but I won't hold my breath for that one.

But it definitely needs the Mach 1 graphics and trim, plus some unique wheels.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
We'll know when we see it :p

Whilst the Mach 1 of the 70s effectively replaced the GT, I hope this new one is more in line with the SN95 Mach 1. That one sat nicely between the GT and the Terminator......so something that sits between a GT and a GT350 today would be ideal.

It would also be cool if the Mach 1 sported unique front and rear fascias, but I won't hold my breath for that one.

But it definitely needs the Mach 1 graphics and trim, plus some unique wheels.

Yep, the Mach 1 completely replaced the GT trim in 1970. 1969 had both the GT and Mach 1 trims, but they were redundant and most people opted for the Mach 1

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I found this interesting when looking at bing maps

the form looks like it fits the S550 but its a completely new color with a black stripe down the middle of the hood. sort of reminiscent of the Mach 1 graphics package...
Capture.PNG

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Most likely a '13 Boss 302 in Gotta Have it Green :)
yeah it possible...but I would expect that color to be a bit brighter and the overhead shape is more rounded like the s550.

it looks like lime gold or Olive Green from the '69's

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
If they do make a Mach 1 i hope its' over 500hp I'd like the TQ to be 490 or so
Sponsored