Mach 1 S550 Mustang First Video

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I hear what you're saying, although this could just be a very early Mach 1 mule. I suspect the deck lid/spoiler could carry over/bolt straight onto the '18 car, as could that front splitter.

Perhaps they want to test things out in the open now, as it would be more difficult to do this on an '18 prototype with more camo on it :shrug:

Either way, it's great to see these photos :coolphotos:
Yeah that could be true. I guess I was just expecting more if it's a 2018 model that would be debuting in less than a year. Regardless, :coolphotos:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Very nice guys! It does sound great, just not voodoo powered unfortunately. This brings up so many questions in my mind though lol. Kind of strange that they installed these parts on the mule...mismatched wheels, chin splitter and rear spoiler aren't likely to be things they need to test on a mule out in the open, especially if this will be a 2018 model. Shouldn't they be testing these parts with the 2018 refresh body panels? Still have the hack job rear diffuser too so aside from the exhaust, who knows what will end up being on the final car. I honestly think all the Ford Racing stuff might just be random parts they threw on and this could be a drivetrain mule for a more powerful standard GT for 2018 or lightly upgraded Bullitt model. These pictures just leave me scratching my head...:confused:
Keep in mind...They have many mules running around. Some are for drivetrain testing or suspension testing or interior testing. Hence why they look the way they do with mismatched parts, etc. Each one has a distinct purpose.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Keep in mind...They have many mules running around. Some are for drivetrain testing or suspension testing or interior testing. Hence why they look the way they do with mismatched parts, etc. Each one has a distinct purpose.
Yeah, I guess this one is just a drivetrain mule again like the last one we saw.

Sponsored

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Meh...

Hoping for more of a GT350 direction instead of "that".

Other than the exhaust note there is nothing about that car I would want on my 2015.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Meh...

Other than the exhaust note there is nothing about that car I would want on my 2015.

Don't judge a car by its cover ;)

JoshMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2003 Mach 1, 64.5 Coupe
I listened to a bunch of 11-14 and have heard a 15 in person with the stock GT500 quad axleback and it doesn't sound like the car in the video. The more I watch the video the less the car sounds like a Coyote. Without any details on the mid pipe setup it is just a guessing game but to me it doesn't sound like any 5.0 I have heard.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I listened to a bunch of 11-14 and have heard a 15 in person with the stock GT500 quad axleback and it doesn't sound like the car in the video. The more I watch the video the less the car sounds like a Coyote. Without any details on the mid pipe setup it is just a guessing game but to me it doesn't sound like any 5.0 I have heard.
Hmmm, maybe CPC 5.2?

Sponsored

JoshMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2003 Mach 1, 64.5 Coupe
Hmmm, maybe CPC 5.2?
Never know, unless the firing order was changed a 5.2 "Coyote" should sound very close to the same as the current 5.0. Maybe its the gearing but to me the car in the video just sounds more "lethargic" on acceleration than 5.0's do. Maybe the car has borrowed the Tremec 3160 from the GT350 and has the long first gear, or maybe it has a 350+ CID with a heavy flywheel. I want to think it will be a Hellcat skinning, ZL1 thrashing, fire breathing monster, but I don't like to get my hopes up.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Never know, unless the firing order was changed a 5.2 "Coyote" should sound very close to the same as the current 5.0. Maybe its the gearing but to me the car in the video just sounds more "lethargic" on acceleration than 5.0's do. Maybe the car has borrowed the Tremec 3160 from the GT350 and has the long first gear, or maybe it has a 350+ CID with a heavy flywheel. I want to think it will be a Hellcat skinning, ZL1 thrashing, fire breathing monster, but I don't like to get my hopes up.
That will be the new GT500.

Yellowjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Car
Meh...

Agreed. The engine seems great. Wheels are horrible imho. But it is early and I'm sure things will change or other options will be avail. This isn't the final product. Very interested in the interior of the Mach 1.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i see a lot of comments about this being the new GT500... if it were, wouldn't it need a lot more openings in the body for intake/cooling?
Sponsored