mtb5020

Car RamRod
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm looking to upgrade my driveshaft, manual 2015 gt pp, and was wondering if the extra $500 for the CF shaft would be worth it. Saving $500 would mean I could get the aluminum ds and a tune for less than just a cf ds. My ipad wont let me search this forum, so if this has already been discussed please post the link here and ill delete this topic.

For reference I'm looking at the DSS alum and cf offering. Can be seen here:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/dss-aluminum-driveshaft-manual-2015gt.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/dss-cf-driveshaft-manual-2015gt.html

Also, if anyone knows a deal or promo code on these items, let me know. I'd like to purchase within a few weeks.

Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored

Broken2g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT PP
I plan on ordering a carbon fiber, not looking for any added nvh.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
I'm looking to upgrade my driveshaft, manual 2015 gt pp, and was wondering if the extra $500 for the CF shaft would be worth it. Saving $500 would mean I could get the aluminum ds and a tune for less than just a cf ds. My ipad wont let me search this forum, so if this has already been discussed please post the link here and ill delete this topic.

For reference I'm looking at the DSS alum and cf offering. Can be seen here:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/dss-aluminum-driveshaft-manual-2015gt.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/dss-cf-driveshaft-manual-2015gt.html

Also, if anyone knows a deal or promo code on these items, let me know. I'd like to purchase within a few weeks.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks man, 15% off. That is a great deal. Now how to choose between alum and cf...

Mike - You know we're right around the corner from you right? :cheers:
You bring the steaks I'll price match and throw in a T & Sweatshirt.

Drop me a line with what you've got your heart set on but for what it's worth I think the aluminum is more than enough unless you're really looking to put the car on a diet and shed a few pounds.

Alex

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I went with a DSS carbon, it added alittle deceleration whine, over stock driveshaft.

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver

Drop me a line with what you've got your heart set on but for what it's worth I think the aluminum is more than enough unless you're really looking to put the car on a diet and shed a few pounds.

Alex
Hey Alex do you know what the exact weight difference between the aluminum and carbon fiber are? Stuck between a rock and a hard place here also. If it's worth the difference in money. I want to continue putting my gt on a diet as well

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I didn't see the weights for the 2015. Did find the 11-14 weights on Americanmuscle though.

CF = 18
Aluminum = 19
Stock = 39

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Hey Alex do you know what the exact weight difference between the aluminum and carbon fiber are? Stuck between a rock and a hard place here also. If it's worth the difference in money. I want to continue putting my gt on a diet as well
Silver - Sorry about the delay here's what I'm seeing on my end, but this could potentially be the shipping weight (including box)

Aluminum - 26.5
CF - 26

(When I checked for the auto the CF was said to be 23 lbs)

Let me do some digging on my end to make sure these are correctly. Something seems a miss as they should be damn near identical from the 11-14.

Alex

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Silver - Sorry about the delay here's what I'm seeing on my end, but this could potentially be the shipping weight (including box)

Aluminum - 26.5
CF - 26

(When I checked for the auto the CF was said to be 23 lbs)

Let me do some digging on my end to make sure these are correctly. Something seems a miss as they should be damn near identical from the 11-14.

Alex
Woww hopefully that's a heavy box! Because the s197 ones were nice and light I knew that much. Was expecting the s550 ones to be only 2 or 3 lbs heavier at most! ... The stock 2 piece is 30 lbs so that's not much savings at all if those weights are correct

Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Woww hopefully that's a heavy box! Because the s197 ones were nice and light I knew that much. Was expecting the s550 ones to be only 2 or 3 lbs heavier at most! ... The stock 2 piece is 30 lbs so that's not much savings at all if those weights are correct
Pony I'm as shocked as you are about the weights but I just received word that those weights I listed above (Both were for the manual trans although I don't think it makes a difference) are correct weights.

Believe me I'm scratching my head on this too!

Alex

OP
OP
mtb5020

mtb5020

Car RamRod
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Alex
Yessir, I certainly do. Was just there last week to check out your new website. Picked up a Bama tuner while I was there. Wish I knew about this mustang6g promo code before placing my last few orders... Sometimes I use customer pickup, couldn't be any more convenient. Selling an AR headers kit then will make a decision on the driveshafts. Will let you know.

Thanks,
Mike

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Pony I'm as shocked as you are about the weights but I just received word that those weights I listed above (Both were for the manual trans although I don't think it makes a difference) are correct weights.

Believe me I'm scratching my head on this too!

Alex
Complete disbelief , looks like I'll be ordering the aluminum staft from you guys soon. The cf one for a lousy half a pound and 500 bucks isn't worth it lol

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
CF has other advantages over weight savings, read up on them.