Trunk Lid Issues

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Glad you are happy with your purchase man.

The poster you are quoting though is also allowed to be unhappy with his purchase and share his opinion - this thread was about gaps and QC. Not sure why you felt the need to post in this thread. Perhaps start your own or keep it on topic.

Oh, and relevant to this thread - the bumper gaps are terrible. Ford has ordered new clips for me as the front clips on both sides of my front fender have broken off...I actually have a feeling my whole front bumper will need to be replaced.

The QC on these things is/was awful.

But I love it anyway.
He's just testy because Rodgers got hurt. I don't blame him though. I live in Bear country, but I'm a Packers fan. :D
Sponsored

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
agreed

Really. Everything else is crap huh. I knew exactly what I was getting; a near competition car refined just enough for the road with supportive seats, and decent tunes. Great suspension/steering, stiff structural integrity, awesome brakes, excellent trans, and a FPC motor remain relevant to my purchase.
agreed

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Really. Everything else is crap huh. I knew exactly what I was getting; a near competition car refined just enough for the road with supportive seats, and decent tunes. Great suspension/steering, stiff structural integrity, awesome brakes, excellent trans, and a FPC motor remain relevant to my purchase.
Your correct about most of your points, but the panel gaps, the horrible paint and the overall cheapness of the interior bits leaves a little to be desired. I have a Dodge Challenger that has much, much better paint quality and panel gaps that are just about perfect.

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Had the same issue on my 2017 GT. Ford fixed it and re painted the rear deck, body where rear deck was rubbing, rear bumper where it was rubbing as well. Still don't regret my purchase. This car is a ton of fun.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Getting these issues fixed really come down to the dealer, not Ford. Some dont give two sh!ts, dont have qualified body shop or folks, dont sell enough S550s to understand it is a Ford defect, or just dont give two sh!ts. :) Glad it worked out here. Later.
Sponsored