Sponsored

An unofficial "tease"

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Agree. I would like to see the Cobra nameplate return
Agreed... but on a Miata-based 2 seater roadster with a straight stock Coyote engine + MT82 though... Then again I can dream! :cheers:
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That looks like a Japanese car, NSX-like.
It looks like it has a Jap car attached to the side mirror stalk. WTF is that thing? It's HUGE!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It looks like it has a Jap car attached to the side mirror stalk. WTF is that thing? It's HUGE!
It wraps around so you can see the engine in the back;/

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Once the garbage is pulled off, i bet it looks great.

Agree, after seeing the most recent pics of the ME I am really leaning that way now. It is probably going to be more my type of car anyway. Still want to see what Ford brings but the Vette is looking more and more like the one.
Never really gave a Vette a second look but the idea of basically an American Ferrari/Lambo is IMO going to be awesome.! Just hope they get the styling right!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Agree, after seeing the most recent pics of the ME I am really leaning that way now. It is probably going to be more my type of car anyway. Still want to see what Ford brings but the Vette is looking more and more like the one.
Never really gave a Vette a second look but the idea of basically an American Ferrari/Lambo is IMO going to be awesome.! Just hope they get the styling right!
Yeah, I agree, I’m hoping for a home run. I’m sure it will be very appealing...at least it better be or it’s gonna tank from the start. I hope they are smarter than that.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I hope GM can keep the price down on the mid engine 'vette and that GM sells a lot of them. I know I won't be able to afford a new one, but maybe if there are enough sold I will eventually be able to pick something up used. Frankly, I'd like it better if Ford did a modern version of the Pantera, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I hope GM can keep the price down on the mid engine 'vette and that GM sells a lot of them.
Iw ould like to think they have certain price point goals because the Vette still is in that kinda mid range sports car spot that occupies 60 - 80K. I think they can do it.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I wanted to think it would offer so much and be limited production that it would run 150 to 200k but from what people are saying on the corvette forum its gonna run from the 90s on up.
There is zero reasons that it should cost any more than 10k above a standard c7, if they are going to build a shit ton of them it doesnt matter if its front or rear, they spread the engineering and part price across the board. If they make 2500 of them, then i can see a 150 to 200k price. Make 750 and as nice as the GT and you can charge 450k.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The new vette will be 100K to 150K....You can get a Z06 for 90 to 119K this new mid engine will be well over the 100K mark.
Why do you think that? Different materials? Better engine? I had heard talk of a double overhead cam V8, but that doesn't mean the car has to be so expensive. I don't see the manufacturing cost as being higher.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I guess that will be the big question on both. I put a deposit down last week to be in line for the ME Corvette. Kinda crazy to have money down on a car that you have no idea what it will look like much less cost. However, after seeing the last spy shots and considering they were bench marking a TurboS. I'm fairly confident its going to be a killer car. Assuming/hoping they don't totally lose their minds with price!
Sponsored