2018 Mustang refresh?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly they could show the car in full now and it wouldn't affect sales...I'd say when the sales people don't even know much about the car that they are supposed to sell, then the majority of the buyers wouldn't even know about it for sure.

It's amazing just how uninformed car salesmen are for the vehicles they are supposed to sell.
Agreed on this point. Unfortunately, it's part of having franchises. You'd be amazed how many engineering decisions about subjective things would be solved via dealer (and sales associate) education.
Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
It's amazing just how uninformed car salesmen are for the vehicles they are supposed to sell.
Yep, when I was configuring my order. I told him I wanted the silver finish wheels with my Performance Pack and he was like "What?" No idea there was an option for that!! SMH.

What I didn't know was the price increases that hit between the launch of 2017 and recently. As I had the 2017 order guide from another dealer and it was still showing $2,495 for the Performance Pack. When he told me it was $2,995, I thought he was making a mistake. But nope Ford jacked up the price by $500! :doh: If I had know that $500 increase was coming I would have ordered a little sooner.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Yep, when I was configuring my order. I told him I wanted the silver finish wheels with my Performance Pack and he was like "What?" No idea there was an option for that!! SMH.

What I didn't know was the price increases that hit between the launch of 2017 and recently. As I had the 2017 order guide from another dealer and it was still showing $2,495 for the Performance Pack. When he told me it was $2,995, I thought he was making a mistake. But nope Ford jacked up the price by $500! :doh: If I had know that $500 increase was coming I would have ordered a little sooner.
I bet they snuck in that price increase just so when the '18 drops and it's the same OR goes up even higher that it's not as big an increase.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If it's anywhere, it'll be Detroit in January. It's possible we'll see the refresh in Detroit, the possible Mach 1 in Chicago and the GT500 in New York..that'd effectively drown out any Camaro stuff.
That would be cool.

Ford have quite a few reveals coming up though........the facelifted F150 and all new Expedition. I figured the F150 at Detroit?

Could anything be planned for LA in November?

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Can't wait to see the next F150.

Actually, I would have bought a F150 if it wasn't so GODDAMN AWFUL looking...instead, I bought a comp orange 'stang. Go figure...

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
So people do cross shop F-150's and Mustangs. :thumbsup:
Lollercoaster. I should have suggested an F-150 for that guy on the road & track message boards who kept talking about how freaking awesome a V6 Accord is for Mustang cross-shoppers because it might be able to beat an ecoboost mustang from 30-60 mph or whatever. :D

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Actually, I would have bought a F150 if it wasn't so GODDAMN AWFUL looking...instead, I bought a comp orange 'stang. Go figure...
:mad:

Don't you talk about it like that!

I think you'll like the refresh of it. Think cross between '15-'17 F-150 and '17 Super Duty, but without the ugly parts of the Super Duty.
wtf.gif

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
So people do cross shop F-150's and Mustangs. :thumbsup:
Or buy both.

2015 F-150 daily driver
2014 GT Prem convertible, just sold for 2017 GT Premium PP for sunny days

Actually, I would have bought a F150 if it wasn't so GODDAMN AWFUL looking.
You need to get the Sport Appearance package to give you the more "billet" looking grill, a few painted parts, etc.
2015_XLT-Lux.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
:mad:

Don't you talk about it like that!

I think you'll like the refresh of it. Think cross between '15-'17 F-150 and '17 Super Duty, but without the ugly parts of the Super Duty.
Hopefully something nice happens in that refresh...actually, I like the look of the 09-14 one.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully something nice happens in that refresh...actually, I like the look of the 09-14 one.
My fav looking F-150 is the 04-08. Classic, timeless truck looks.

That said, the 15+ is so much better than those and the 09-014, it almost doesn't matter. The interior feel & quality, ride, handling, technology and capability is crazy. You can definitely feel the weight loss every time you take a corner, brake, or accelerate with some effort. I took tons of them home with me for a few days at a time from May - December of '14 and liked all of them from XLT base to Platinum.

Anyway...back to Mustangs :cheers:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'm still betting on them showing the new Mustang in LA. That's where the 2013 model was shown in November of 2011. I'm not sure if it tanked 2012 Mustang sales or not, but they did it. I think they'd save the big show in Detroit for the 2018 F-150 reveal, Mach 1 or a GT500 reveal.

In other possible speculation, Ford announced yesterday that "starting next year, Ford vehicles will feature B&O Play Audio Systems". I'd be willing to bet the Mustang will be one of the models included in that and that Ford will be ditching the Shaker sound system for something higher end. Link: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...onize-in-vehicle-audio-experiences-world.html
CsMk4vAVYAASDpc.jpg

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I really want them to take the F-150 look and turn it into the next Bronco like the one F-150/Broncos forum did...would be a hot seller.

In other possible speculation, Ford announced yesterday that "starting next year, Ford vehicles will feature B&O Play Audio Systems". I'd be willing to bet the Mustang will be one of the models included in that and that Ford will be ditching the Shaker sound system for something higher end. Link: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...onize-in-vehicle-audio-experiences-world.html
CsMk4vAVYAASDpc.jpg
Oh nice on the B&O system...it gets great reviews in the Audi's that it's in...would be another huge upgrade in the refresh.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
It wouldn't surprise me if the Shaker continues on in the base models while the premiums get the B&O System.

I think Ford sees what is going on with the Camaro and should be properly wary of sending the entire model upmarket.
Sponsored