2018 Mustang refresh?

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I liked my MT-82, especially the 2015 version. Nothing for me to whine about there. ;)
I agree. The 2015 MT-82 is light years better than previous years and better than any Honda I was driving previously(minus the s2000 with carbon synchros from factory, that's hard to beat). There sure are a lot of complaints on this transmission but in all honesty it could be far, far worse.
Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I hope they do an upgrade to the steering and turn-in. Have you recently driven the all new 2016 Camaro SS.....wow the turn in and steering feel on that car is so much more precise and fun, not to mention the overall driving dynamics. The car just loves handling precisley through turns. Now that the new Camaro is built on the "Alpha" platform it just handles extremely well. In my opinion it handled much nicer than the GT, go see for yourself !

I have also watched many car reviews from all the top drivers and major car magazines and they compare the new SS to the M4 saying it drives just as good if not better than the M4 !!

Now if Ford can just make the 18' Mustang steering feel, feedback, turn in, and preciseness that much better, it will make the Mustang even more awesome to drive !!

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I hope they do an upgrade to the steering and turn-in. Have you recently driven the all new 2016 Camaro SS.....wow the turn in and steering feel on that car is so much more precise and fun, not to mention the overall driving dynamics. The car just loves handling precisley through turns. Now that the new Camaro is built on the "Alpha" platform it just handles extremely well. In my opinion it handled much nicer than the GT, go see for yourself !

I have also watched many car reviews from all the top drivers and major car magazines and they compare the new SS to the M4 saying it drives just as good if not better than the M4 !!

Now if Ford can just make the 18' Mustang steering feel, feedback, turn in, and preciseness that much better, it will make the Mustang even more awesome to drive !!
It won't happen till the S650 which is in 2020.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
I heard it's going to have a triple-turbocharged crossplane crankshaft that runs on unicorn farts with 413mm carbon-cocaine brakes and 315s (made of fresh-squeezed rainbow juice) on all four corners. The wheels will change size depending on your application because they're forged in space from rare meteorium. The tri-bar taillights will in fact be three small lightsabers. Also, it'll have one horsepower per one kilogram of weight ala the Koenigsegg One:1 and will use the cellphone melded into the palm of your hand for steering inputs. The shocks are made of compressed cloud particles and injected with titanium that changes density prior to any road imperfections (updated constantly by Google maps, of course) in order to provide the best handling possible.*

*This is in no way meant to be offensive or rude.
Man, I just spit coffee all over my screen..... :D

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
why isn't Magnetic Ride Control suspension available on the GT ?? Have you driven the new 2016 with the MRC option !! wowzers its amazing.....from touring mode to sport all I have to say is wow !!

I'm hoping the 18' model year will finally have this incredibly amazing option available on the GT !!

TheRiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Boat
Read some where that the 10 speed that ford and chevy co-developed is going to make its way into the 2018 Mustang.

Thoughts? Possible?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Read some where that the 10 speed that ford and chevy co-developed is going to make its way into the 2018 Mustang.

Thoughts? Possible?
I would say that is a very good possibility.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It won't happen till the S650 which is in 2020.
Why would you say that? Recalibrating the EPAS and even changing the ratio would not be that big of scope to put outside a mid-cycle refresh. I just wish the ratio was a little quicker, is all.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Why would you say that? Recalibrating the EPAS and even changing the ratio would not be that big of scope to put outside a mid-cycle refresh. I just wish the ratio was a little quicker, is all.
I was talking more about the overall platform and the loss of weight/handling etc...something they can really address with the S650.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I wanna see some spy photos of the '18. Proper camo'd spyshots :ninja:

I know the '17s are only just starting to hit the streets, but patience was never a virtue of mine........least not when it comes to Mustangs :D

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I want GT350 styled front end/hood, GT350 IM or something similar to be around 450hp/420tq, a diffuser on base trims, gotta have it green available, magnetic ride supsension available, some sort of dual mode/active exhaust, 10 speed automatic and some sort of performance pack available on automatics. Dreams, but I would be a happy camper.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

Thoughts? Possible?
dont see why not, 2017 F150 is already getting it

TheRiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Boat
I wanna see some spy photos of the '18. Proper camo'd spyshots :ninja:

I know the '17s are only just starting to hit the streets, but patience was never a virtue of mine........least not when it comes to Mustangs :D
+1 i wanna see some pics already.... sigh gonna be a long year.
Sponsored