Sponsored

Knock When Blipping The Throttle

Drakoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Greetings,

I have a 2015 GT PP, I live in Phoenix where its hot and am running a JLT intake with a SCT/Bama tune. When i sit at idle and blip the throttle i hear the engine knock when I initially hit the gas. It will also do it when shifting, if I rev it to say 4k/4.5k shift slow when floor it it will knock for just a second.

I am just looking for suggestions for trouble shooting, or if anyone else has dealt with this.

Thanks,

Nick
Sponsored

MurderPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP, Black on Black on Black
Greetings,

I have a 2015 GT PP, I live in Phoenix where its hot and am running a JLT intake with a SCT/Bama tune. When i sit at idle and blip the throttle i hear the engine knock when I initially hit the gas. It will also do it when shifting, if I rev it to say 4k/4.5k shift slow when floor it it will knock for just a second.

I am just looking for suggestions for trouble shooting, or if anyone else has dealt with this.

Thanks,

Nick
I'd call Bama. They can adjust the tune to eliminate the knock/ping. Sometimes the system can't react fast enough when you Blip the throttle.

OP
OP

Drakoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
A true "knock" is not good...

Its a knock and not a ping?
I don't really know what to call it, it just sounds like metal ticking or valve pooping when i blip the throttle. It does not ping or knock when its being revved out.

I will contact bama and follow up with their response.

Thanks,

Nick

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Ever get it sorted out?

Sponsored

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Haven't been able to do much from work other than make phone calls and read forums.

Have seen some post about this happening after CAI are installed. Really no clear explanations of the cause but basically the it was there before the CAI and the stock air box does a good job of keeping it quite. One guy took it to the dealer for a retune then installed his intake back on and never had the issue again.

I'll change tunes tonight and reinstall stock air box if need be for a return visit to the dealer. I'll update the post as I figure out whats going on.

Not my video but this is more less what it sounds like. This guys is a little worse.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
That video doesn't sound good at all. My AP3 has picked up a few knock counts on my EB, never more than 1 or 2, but I've never audibly heard them.

Here's hoping you get it fixed!

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
Maybe get a real tune instead of the WalMart special.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Maybe get a real tune instead of the WalMart special.
I imagine most applications are going to pick up a little bit when charge temps are over 130*

FMIC is on the way.

What tune do you have/suggest?
Sponsored