Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
It doesn't matter how good you drive the Idiots will still hit you or run you off the road. I was on I-10 doing 80 mph and got rear ended by a woman texting.
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
And if you were fully aware of your surroundings?

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
Today has taught me that I absolutely need a dash cam in my mustang. I was driving on the I-10 freeway in Arizona tonight and a guy ran across the freeway! :crazy::crazy: He was less than 20-25 feet away from my car and would've been killed if I had not slammed on my brakes and swerved to avoid him!!!!

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
A couple of mine.

That second one would have gotten YOU a ticket in Maryland. The pedestrian in the crosswalk ALWAYS has the right of way here, and cars must stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
That second one would have gotten YOU a ticket in Maryland. The pedestrian in the crosswalk ALWAYS has the right of way here, and cars must stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk.
I have nearly the same video, we have a lot of jaywalkers around downtown that jump out against the light.

[ame]

But you're right. Pedestrians have the right of way even against the light. I've behaved for years like pedestrians have no rights and are just targets. However when the Super Bowl was coming they did a big campaign to educate locals what the pedestrian laws are before visitors from pedestrian friendly cities start walking around are streets. It was a real eye opener.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Oh I know. Still, he's walking against the light. I'm sure we'd both be ticketed if something bad happened. Just seems like common sense not to cross against the light with traffic coming. Car 1 - Pedestrian 0 if you know what i mean.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
This is a summary statement of the laws in both your state and mine. So no, the ped would have been hurt, gotten a ticket for illegal crossing, and I could have sued him for any damage to my vehicle, etc.

Vehicles must stop and allow pedestrians to cross the roadway within a crosswalk when a pedestrian is upon the half of the roadway upon which the vehicle is traveling, or when a pedestrian is approaching from an adjacent lane on the other half of the roadway. Pedestrians may not suddenly leave the curb and enter a crosswalk into the path of a moving vehicle that is so close the vehicle is unable to yield. Pedestrians must yield the right-of-way to vehicles when crossing outside of a marked crosswalk or an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection. Where traffic control devices are in operation, pedestrians may only cross between two adjacent intersections in a marked crosswalk and may only cross an intersection diagonally if authorized by a traffic control device.

It seems pretty obvious there that if a traffic control device is in place, it's pretty much in charge, just because you're in the cross walk doesn't mean you can cross whenever you want against the light.

ref: http://www.ncsl.org/research/transportation/pedestrian-crossing-50-state-summary.aspx

Found a image showing the above:

crossing-outside-crosswalk-1-222x300.jpg

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
This is a summary statement of the laws in both your state and mine. So no, the ped would have been hurt, gotten a ticket for illegal crossing, and I could have sued him for any damage to my vehicle, etc.

Vehicles must stop and allow pedestrians to cross the roadway within a crosswalk when a pedestrian is upon the half of the roadway upon which the vehicle is traveling, or when a pedestrian is approaching from an adjacent lane on the other half of the roadway. Pedestrians may not suddenly leave the curb and enter a crosswalk into the path of a moving vehicle that is so close the vehicle is unable to yield. Pedestrians must yield the right-of-way to vehicles when crossing outside of a marked crosswalk or an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection. Where traffic control devices are in operation, pedestrians may only cross between two adjacent intersections in a marked crosswalk and may only cross an intersection diagonally if authorized by a traffic control device.

It seems pretty obvious there that if a traffic control device is in place, it's pretty much in charge, just because you're in the cross walk doesn't mean you can cross whenever you want against the light.

ref: http://www.ncsl.org/research/transportation/pedestrian-crossing-50-state-summary.aspx

Found a image showing the above:

crossing-outside-crosswalk-1-222x300.jpg
I can promise you if you had hit him with the amount of time you had to yield you would have lost the court case badly...it would look like you did it intentionally. Yes he was walking against the light but was inside the cross walk and you had ample time to slow down. You need to reread the law you posted. Pedestrians clearly have right of way inside crosswalks unless its a diagonal crosswalk and the control device says otherwise.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
I can promise you if you had hit him with the amount of time you had to yield you would have lost the court case badly...it would look like you did it intentionally. Yes he was walking against the light but was inside the cross walk and you had ample time to slow down. You need to reread the law you posted. Pedestrians clearly have right of way inside crosswalks unless its a diagonal crosswalk and the control device says otherwise.
The control device is the walk / don't walk light. Yes, the crosswalk is for the safety of peds, but it is to be used in conjunction with the walk / don't walk light. It was clearly red for the ped in the video. The opposite walk light was illuminated for the other side.

I agree it's better to be cautious, but peds have just as much responsibility to follow the law as drivers do. Unfortunately, people are impatient and want to go regardless of the status of the light.

Sponsored

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
you guys are not wrong. no way i would hit him or any pedestrian on purpose for being stupid. but careless drivers are out there especially in this day and age of distracted driving.

check out this dipshit who stepped off the curb against the light. :lol:

[ame]

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
LOL wasn't that the same intersection?