Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Have to give that a shot. Thanks!
Yeah. That's what I'm gonna do the next time I put the car up on jacks.

For now, I cut thru the tube as close to the firewall as I could and then wrapped two layers of leftover Dynamat around the end to plug it up.

Getting to the bolt thru the engine bay is not easy. :cheers:
Sponsored

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Removing the tube

Yeah. That's what I'm gonna do the next time I put the car up on jacks.

For now, I cut thru the tube as close to the firewall as I could and then wrapped two layers of leftover Dynamat around the end to plug it up.

Getting to the bolt thru the engine bay is not easy. :cheers:
It is tight. I used a very long 1/4 drive extension with a wobbly (I put electrical tape on the wobbly so it wasn't too wobbly) and then used the same plug that the Whipple folks send you when you put a Whipple supercharger on to plug the hole. Very tough when the intake manifold is still on the engine!:doh:. I wish the Whipple was on mine. Someday.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Do you have a better shot of the cherry picker?

Such a beautiful day in Southern Indiana I took a little drive to French Lick. I always see a few nice cars. Mine doesn't look too out of place , does it? :)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I get finesse and all but 99.9999999999% of you guys will NEVER put the sound tube back in so why not just yank it out?
Easy. You don't want that now useless nut slowing you down and hurting gas mileage? Same reason I only run 15 lbs of air in my tires instead of 35/40. And that's per square inch. Do you know how many square inches there are in 4 tires? Don't run less than 15 because you'll save more weight than the rest of the car weighs and it might float away.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Finally got to hand detail my car saturday evening. It finally warmed up. Cleaned exterior, engine bay and wipes down the inside. First hand detail probably since the end of summer. Also pulled off the hood insulation for something a little different. Going to see if I can reroute the wiring.

Also went to a car charity meet yesterday. It was 80 freaking degrees in VA! After that I had more pictures done of my car and a video. Not sure when I will be getting those but here is a little snap from my phone.
rva.jpg
hood.jpg

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Got my Stainless Power LTH installed thanks to user @Grimace427. Awesome dude, very friendly and knowledgable! I can't wait to hear that first cold start tomorrow morning!

Also the stock manifolds are hideous compared to LTH.

Those were the easiest set of headers I've ever installed. Thanks for the business and I'm glad you are enjoying them! I look forward to helping with more mods in the future!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Those were the easiest set of headers I've ever installed. Thanks for the business and I'm glad you are enjoying them! I look forward to helping with more mods in the future!
Let me know when you're up for helping someone else :D. I don't think we are TOO far from each other.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Finally got to hand detail my car saturday evening. It finally warmed up. Cleaned exterior, engine bay and wipes down the inside. First hand detail probably since the end of summer. Also pulled off the hood insulation for something a little different. Going to see if I can reroute the wiring.

Also went to a car charity meet yesterday. It was 80 freaking degrees in VA! After that I had more pictures done of my car and a video. Not sure when I will be getting those but here is a little snap from my phone.
Looks great! i actually like it without the liner under the hood. If you can straighten out the wiring a bit, it would look really sharp - especially with the stamped pony.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! i actually like it without the liner under the hood. If you can straighten out the wiring a bit, it would look really sharp - especially with the stamped pony.
Ya. I'm not even completely sold on the signals so I might just remove them all together. But when I DO notice them, i'm like HEY COOL, I HAVE LEDS in my VENT (I have no idea about the passenger side one because I can't see it lol).

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Wash, clay bar, compound, polish, wax and 4 hours later! :D

You did that all in 4 hours ? Impressive

Steel pony

Ayjay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 RUBY RED GT
That's the best vert I've ever seen. Those wheels are awesome:headbang:
First time I've seen one in DIB:eyebulge:
Great ad for Meguiars

fast88fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT Premium PP
It was 73 degrees here in NC in February.....that doesn't happen often so I was able to pull back the storage cover, clean it and actually go for a drive. Back into storage it goes. I just hope my grass doesn't think it is spring and I have to start mowing again...
Sponsored