Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Revealed (Video)!!

Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
I guess I don't see what's in the red circle?
S550 was designed for this to be a nice flowing line from the front all the way to the end. (It's also why the spoiler has a edge exactly in that spot)

2018 fitted another hood, saw the line was fucked up and just put in a (ugly as hell imho) double bend to connect it... So that line is completely butchered (to my taste) now.

stangpic3.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
S550 was designed for this to be a nice flowing line from the front all the way to the end. (It's also why the spoiler has a edge exactly in that spot)

2018 fitted another hood, saw the line was fucked up and just put in a (ugly as hell imho) double bend to connect it... So that line is completely butchered (to my taste) now.

stangpic3.png
That's your opinion and I'm not saying I agree or disagree. But why would they redesign the A pillar forward and leave the cowl area? :crazy:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The body line in the hood has a curve. It looks good IMO.
I mean I see it, but I don't get what I complaining is about.

Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
That's your opinion and I'm not saying I agree or disagree. But why would they redesign the A pillar forward and leave the cowl area? :crazy:
It's both my opinion (that it clashes with the rest of the bends in the car) and specifically mentioned by Ford Designers in a documentary. (Can't remember which one exactly, it might be in "A Faster Horse").

Of course if it doesn't piss you of, or if you do like it that's your right. I'd end up replacing the hood just for that. (my OCD).

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
It's both my opinion (that it clashes with the rest of the bends in the car) and specifically mentioned by Ford Designers in a documentary. (Can't remember which one exactly, it might be in "A Faster Horse").

Of course if it doesn't piss you of, or if you do like it that's your right. I'd end up replacing the hood just for that. (my OCD).
My GT350 has a lot less but similar hood line. I'm not saying I like the 2018 lines. But I see why they did it.

Sponsored

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Agreed. I'm actually glad for the refresh because it makes the 15-17 look even better in comparison.

Meh.

No danger to the tenure of my '15.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I like it in some colors, other colors it looks ugly. The thing I do not like at all is the rear spoiler.
I'm more interested in it's engine and performance then I am the front end looks. Let's hear numbers ford.

gjpundsack

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thewaltermittygarage.com
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0; AT; 355's

Sponsored

gjpundsack

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thewaltermittygarage.com
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0; AT; 355's
It appears to me the spoiler in the M/Tphotos above is probably the standard GT version. If so, the one in the video must be an option?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
It appears to me the spoiler in the M/Tphotos above is probably the standard GT version. If so, the one in the video must be an option?
The spoiler in the MT pics(orange car) is the same as the video. That is the PP spoiler. It has been mentioned that there is a spoiler delete option. It also appears that the PP loses the 2 center stack gauges at least on the premium model(I guess because you can have them on the digital cluster?)

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Odd, I find myself wavering now. I am liking it more and more. If i could get one in time for summer it might be worth the wait..... Wonder when it will ACTUALLY be available for order....

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Odd, I find myself wavering now. I am liking it more and more. If i could get one in time for summer it might be worth the wait..... Wonder when it will ACTUALLY be available for order....
Orders probably open in June or July for September delivery

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The spoiler in the MT pics(orange car) is the same as the video. That is the PP spoiler. It has been mentioned that there is a spoiler delete option. It also appears that the PP loses the 2 center stack gauges at least on the premium model(I guess because you can have them on the digital cluster?)
Well, they are all pre-production models. So the little details are subject to change.
Sponsored