Convertible Sticker On Rear Panel?

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I bought a used 2015 GT convertible last February. Drove the car most of the summer, and its been sitting under a cover for most of the winter. (Finally got some dry weather and a chance to drive it this weekend.)

I noticed several months ago, but forgot to post the question, because out of sight out of mind; on the lower right corner of the tail light panel, there is a small sticker that says convertible.

This raises several questions...Anyone else have one of these little stickers? Is it supposed to be there? Seems to me it almost looks like something that would be removed on the assembly line.

Are the rear tail light panels different for fastback vs. convertible?

Doesn't really bother me, and you almost can't see it, just curious why it's there.
Sponsored

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
My 2015 gt convertible does not have any stickers on the rear panel.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
I bought a used 2015 GT convertible last February. Drove the car most of the summer, and its been sitting under a cover for most of the winter. (Finally got some dry weather and a chance to drive it this weekend.)

I noticed several months ago, but forgot to post the question, because out of sight out of mind; on the lower right corner of the tail light panel, there is a small sticker that says convertible.

This raises several questions...Anyone else have one of these little stickers? Is it supposed to be there? Seems to me it almost looks like something that would be removed on the assembly line.

Doesn't really bother me, and you almost can't see it, just curious why it's there.
I have seen the convertible badge before on the rear.

timsstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 'vert
Mine does! Didn't notice it for 6 months.

I was used to the badge on the S197.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Traffic22

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. I guess I'm glad to know it belongs there and the panel wasn't some sort of replacement for unknown reasons....

Seems odd to me it's even there. I haven't noticed different part numbers for convertible vs fastback panels. I guess this is just one of those quirky Ford deals that make the car fun to own.

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
Thanks for the info. I guess I'm glad to know it belongs there and the panel wasn't some sort of replacement for unknown reasons....

Seems odd to me it's even there. I haven't noticed different part numbers for convertible vs fastback panels. I guess this is just one of those quirky Ford deals that make the car fun to own.
I found it on my car as well

Last edited:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

I have had my car for 7 months and spotted it once as was looking for it, if you are not looking for it, you might not find it, also as it's a black sticker, tough to see on dark cars
maybe it's there before the top goes on, so they put the right top on

:D

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Ive got it also. whenever I see it I want to reach out and peel it off, but have resisted so far.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Traffic22

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Ive got it also. whenever I see it I want to reach out and peel it off, but have resisted so far.
Me too...I'm afraid now it'll me discolored and won't be able to wash/wax and have it match.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You live in San Fran and you've covered your car for most of the "winter"????

Really?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Me too...I'm afraid now it'll me discolored and won't be able to wash/wax and have it match.
Unlikely. I took the 14 year old pine stripes off my Grand Cherokee after I bought it the ghosting for being on that long was minimal. Now that a year has passed it's not even visible anymore.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I would love to see a picture of one out of general curiosity

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)