Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That would be good. It's also possible they'll do GT350 changes for the 2019 model year. I'm still fairly confident they'll add the 10 speed to it, although it's just a hunch.
Nah.
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If they don't increase the hp and tq for the voodoo then the coyote will likely only get a small bump. It sucks but I have a hard time believing that ford will bring the GT that close to a GT350.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
If they don't increase the hp and tq for the voodoo then the coyote will likely only get a small bump. It sucks but I have a hard time believing that ford will bring the GT that close to a GT350.
The GT350 is what, 526? Even if the GT was 470HP, that's still not "close."

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Plus the GT wouldn't have everything else the GT350 has that makes it special.

And a minimum of 50 HP gap isn't "close"

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Plus the GT wouldn't have everything else the GT350 has that makes it special.

And a minimum of 50 HP gap isn't "close"
Agreed. IMO GT350 is the track car version of the Mustang, not the drag car.

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Hope they keep the GT350 stick only, should be kept a drivers car
So are you saying F1 Cars are NOT "Drivers Cars" because they also use a similar style Steering wheel Paddle Sequential Shift - similar in function to the Mustang Auto in manual overide?

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
So are you saying F1 Cars are NOT "Drivers Cars" because they also use a similar style Steering wheel Paddle Sequential Shift - similar in function to the Mustang Auto in manual overide?
F1 cars ARE NOT driver's cars. They are designed with one goal only and that is to win, not for driver enjoyment. Do you think Mercedes AMG builds a car for Lewis Hamilton so he can "have fun"?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Driver's car means it's more about being fun, communicative and involving than pure lap times. Do you even enthusiast?

An F1 car is a race car, as is the Mustang GT4, Ford GT GTE, Ferrari 488 GTE and 911 RSR. All for the fastest laps, no concern with fun. A GT3 RS is a steet legal track car, that while amazing and fast, would be more fun for most enthusiasts with a manual.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Driver's car means it's more about being fun, communicative and involving than pure lap times. Do you even enthusiast?

An F1 car is a race car, as is the Mustang GT4, Ford GT GTE, Ferrari 488 GTE and 911 RSR. All for the fastest laps, no concern with fun. A GT3 RS is a steet legal track car, that while amazing and fast, would be more fun for most enthusiasts with a manual.
Yes very observant, the FI cars are in fact Race cars, which require superior driver control (input & response) and speed of gear changes, the pinicle of which is offered by Paddle Shift Sequential auto.

It is also worth noting the AMG performance V8 Road Cars (C63 & E63) are both also similarly equipped with Sequential Paddle Shift Autos - with NO manual option.

Sponsored

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
No, it's really not worth noting that at all. Everyone knows that automatics have been faster than manuals for quite some time now, but it still doesn't make it a driver's car.

What IS worth noting is the 991 911 GT3 being released as PDK only, and then to be refreshed with a manual option after being criticized by pretty much every driving enthusiast.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Faster does not always equal better if you enjoy driving.

AMG hasn't had a performance car with a manual for an extremely long time and the cars you mentioned are, by far, luxury missiles before they're rewarding track day cars. The only people I see trying to make a case for an automatic of any kind in a driver's car are those who have not driven, or cannot drive manual.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Any chance with the same setup the 2018 GT sounds similar on catless kooks w/ x pipe on stock quad axleback?

Im new to this site, and mustangs in general. Im hear to learn about the car before i trade my ST in.. But i really hope this isnt what new mustangs sound like. I understand its all up to the personal listening, but this sounds like raspy shit to me.. thats normal? this doesnt sound anything like the old "sound of a mustang" that i grew up hearing. yeah its been a long time since ive heard a mustang reving in person and all, but this isnt what i was expecting lol

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Drivers cars ,race cars, automatics , manuals................All are cars. Preference in driving. This thread is supposed to be about the 2018 Mustang. Just my 2 cent.:focus::rant:
Sponsored