Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I cant even opinion

I hate it so much... on some angles
I love it on several others.

GODDDDDDDDDDDD
Sponsored

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
Nice pictures, I think it looks really good out in the wild :headbang:
The shape of this car reminds me of a 1970 mach 1 it's a good looking car idk what all of the bitching about crying about

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
ccredbaron said here he's selling his GT because..."I'm 72 and just don't have the passion for driving it anymore."
Well, I'm pushing 67 and this is the reason I bought my Ecoboost/PP Convertible this year. I knew that in a few short years my passion for driving may wane and I decided it's now or never to have my Mustang experience...and it's changed my life. I may be ready for the Buick in a few years but not yet!

As far as the 2018 front-end design...the only thing I can say negative is that the designers focused on the upper grille but everything below that lacks the character of the '15-17. The current body is bold -including the lower front air intake and foglamp housings. The '18 puts a sleeker front on a muscular body...it's like a body builder with a big chest and skinny legs.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Euro NCAP have tested 11 cars under the new 2017 rules. The '17 Mustang has the lowest score in most areas and the only one with just two stars. The '18 must address this with better airbag deployment, rear seat belt pre-tensioners and the normal safety electronics included as standard. We don't know yet if Ford have implemented these simple features. If not I'm getting my deposit back.
:crazy:

The Mustang is a safe car. You're buying for the wrong reasons if the subtle differences between the NCAP and all the IIHS testing is a deal breaker.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Euro NCAP have tested 11 cars under the new 2017 rules. The '17 Mustang has the lowest score in most areas and the only one with just two stars. The '18 must address this with better airbag deployment, rear seat belt pre-tensioners and the normal safety electronics included as standard. We don't know yet if Ford have implemented these simple features. If not I'm getting my deposit back.
Simply adding the collision avoidance as a standard option is going to bump the rating to a 3-4 start vehicle. IMHO, this should be separated out. Would you rather be in a vehicle that has a 30% crash rating yet has 70% collision avoidance, or one that a 70% crash rating and 0% collision avoidance. When you group all of these together, it gives you a false idea of just how safe the vehicles are.

If you decide against the mustang because of some BS collision avoidance rating, you're missing out.

Sponsored

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
You'd really let that keep you from getting a fun car? I would assume you like motorcycles looking at your avatar. How safe are they compared to a modern Mustang? I have a '67 GTO. I hate to think about my face hitting that steering wheel and there are no air bags or even a shoulder belt to keep that from happening. Damn sure not going to let that stop me from enjoying it though.

I just think that the standards are so high now, I bet that 2 stars is better than a 4 star vehicle from 10-15 years ago. It might be low relative to some other current offerings but I in no way think it's a death trap as some might have you believe. Rear seat belt tensioners? Who do you hate so much as to let them sit back there?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Notice the lower fascia has the honeycomb now to match the top.

I like the "black package" (roof, mirrors & spoiler).

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Of course I couldn't care less about the two stars. But see how easy it is to raise the hackles of owners of the two star car. I intend keeping my car for 6 years. Six years of pub talk needling "Two stars, blah, blah, blah" I just don't need it.
And by waiting I get a better looking car!
I just bought my car which was after those ratings came out. I care less what they say, the lack of stars doesn't bother me. Not raising my hackles, I am happy with my car. I just can't imagine not getting a car I am looking forward to due to something so trivial. I understand to you it may not be so trivial, to me it is. You speak of waiting but from what I read, you may be waiting for nothing if the stars don't come up. I say if you want it get it stars be damned! :cheers:

Harambe_Juice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carless!
Hey friends, longtime lurker here and first post.

Speaking only for myself here, the new front end looks great and is continuing the modernization of Mustang design cues Ford started this gen. Biggest flaw, and perhaps what others find unsettling about the redesign, is the lack of visual "weight" at the bottom of the front bumper. The rest of the car looks so aggressive (beefy rear haunches, sloping roofline, quad pipes, etc.) and misses the mark with an almost upward sloping front splitter. This is further accentuated by the fact that the stock stance this gen has always been missing some rake.

As the mustang is an everyday car, this was likely done for ground clearance, but unfortunately compromises the aggression on display from the upper half. Easy fix with an aftermarket splitter.
Sponsored