Sponsored

Tomtop Unit Fixes

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Alright guys! I might have some news from everyone that have this unit! I just ordered one for myself and while I'm waiting for it I did some reverse engineering on the software and the OS. Thanks to Ranger11x I was able to download the update. From this update I was looking around the .cab file. I was able to decrypt the files without any install. Also, I was able to extract the OS which is the file name NK.bin (WinCE 6.0). Then I built my own WinCE 6.0 Emulator. From there I was able to do some testing and run the software that's on your touchscreen right now. However to have it completely working I need to change my OS language to Chinese. Note that from the download that Ranger11x gives us you don't need to download "FileCopy.exe" there's one already present in your firmware(more like 2... One is in English the other one is in Chinese). I built this Emulator for me to be able to test my own future software that I wanna build for our Tomtop unit or changing files. This will also allow me to test other apps like a new GPS or something else. (I prefer to break my Emulator than my new radio:D). Enough of talking... Here's the pictures!

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
That's awesome! I'm looking forward to maybe getting some of the other bugs worked out (Chinese "pause" button, date settings?).

Very cool.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome! I'm looking forward to maybe getting some of the other bugs worked out (Chinese "pause" button, date settings?).

Very cool.
I'm looking into this pretty soon. I believe for the date settings it's coming from WinCE. I know that when I'm programming an app and I wanna add the data and time I take it from the device. I'll try to build an app to replace navigation for us to have a better access of WinCE and change the time/region. The only thing I don't know yet and I'd like someone to tell me is how big is the SDCard and how much ram the unit has... Judging by the NK.bin I'd say at least 64mb... Maybe 128mb max?

PS: I'm pretty sure if I could get a complete dump of Moddiction unit or the Raxiom unit firmware/os. I might be able to make it work on the Tomtop unit as well. Unless the NK.bin is really built for the hardware they have...(I'm sure there isn't much difference between the units anyways...).

Last edited:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alrighty, for the button Pause (and I'm guessing Play was missing as well) I made some changes.

Here's the changes I made to the xml file to translate it.

Changed:

<item key="电话已连接">Connected</item> to <item key="电话已连接">Phone Connected</item> ( I thought to see just connected was kind of weird...)

<item key="左前">FL</item>
<item key="左后">RF</item> Duplicated with the one on the bottom
<item key="右前">FR</item>
<item key="右后">RR</item>

Added:

<item key="暂停">Pause</item> Was Missing
<item key="播放">Play</item> Was Missing

Please let me know if the button Pause/Play is now working!

Here's the link to Download the file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byxyxl1zasPMeENqelFjX0FobHM/view?usp=sharing

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I'm looking into this pretty soon. I believe for the date settings it's coming from WinCE. I know that when I'm programming an app and I wanna add the data and time I take it from the device. I'll try to build an app to replace navigation for us to have a better access of WinCE and change the time/region. The only thing I don't know yet and I'd like someone to tell me is how big is the SDCard and how much ram the unit has... Judging by the NK.bin I'd say at least 64mb... Maybe 128mb max?

PS: I'm pretty sure if I could get a complete dump of Moddiction unit or the Raxiom unit firmware/os. I might be able to make it work on the Tomtop unit as well. Unless the NK.bin is really built for the hardware they have...(I'm sure there isn't much difference between the units anyways...).
I don't know how to find out how much RAM it has, but IIRC the MicroSD card is 8GB.

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know how to find out how much RAM it has, but IIRC the MicroSD card is 8GB.
Thanks! I'll check the rest whenever I receive the unit. Have you tried to replaced the xml to check if the button "Pause" worked?

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Alrighty, for the button Pause (and I'm guessing Play was missing as well) I made some changes.

Here's the changes I made to the xml file to translate it.

Changed:

<item key="电话已连接">Connected</item> to <item key="电话已连接">Phone Connected</item> ( I thought to see just connected was kind of weird...)

<item key="左前">FL</item>
<item key="左后">RF</item> Duplicated with the one on the bottom
<item key="右前">FR</item>
<item key="右后">RR</item>

Added:

<item key="暂停">Pause</item> Was Missing
<item key="播放">Play</item> Was Missing

Please let me know if the button Pause/Play is now working!

Here's the link to Download the file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byxyxl1zasPMeENqelFjX0FobHM/view?usp=sharing
THIS IS WHAT WAS NEEDED!!! I tried for two months and finally someone stepped in pm if I can help I'd also like a copy of your emu file to try some stuff as well.

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Also have you tried installing an English lang MUI that could be useful. I also have the board support package info so if you can use that just let me know

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Thanks! I'll check the rest whenever I receive the unit. Have you tried to replaced the xml to check if the button "Pause" worked?
Will try this tomorrow

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My emulator is a basic naked WinCE 6.0 licensed. I was going to use VMWare for the NK.bin and run it with loadcepc but unfortunately it's not possible because loadcepc only support up to 32mb or 64mb rom. The rom from the unit is way bigger than 64mb... I'm probably going to download the Chinese region and I'll see from there. Right now I'd like someone to test my xml to make sure the Pause button is working. I also added Play because I'm sure if "Pause" works then the button play will be display in Chinese. Also I found the firmware for the Moddication/Sintegrate (I don't remember) unit and the way it's coded is very old! instead of using a .cab they are using a .spa which is (FutureSplash Flash File) AKA the Flashplayer back in the 90's...

Will try this tomorrow
Alrighty! Keep me updated.

PS: I might have also found a way to get the WiFi on the unit! I will check that out whenever I'll receive the unit.:D

Last edited:

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll give the Play/Pause a shot tomorrow, thanks!
Alrighty! Hope it'll work... If the button Play doesn't work please take a picture of the Chinese characters they might have named it differently.

Scary Larry

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Pack Oxford White
I tried the play/pause and it did not work. Also by putting the Phone back in front of Connected it now says one Connected again. There just isn't enough room on the display to handle the extra characters. I took the "Phone" back out on mine so it just says "Connected".

Larry

Last edited:

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Well for some reason after copying the Lang file it's stuck on the loading pony logo :(

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Pretty sure its bricked.......fuck me
Sponsored