Sponsored

timing: if i ordered a gt350 today how long would it take to deliver?

AnthonyB1988

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Im considering dropping an order still. My question is how long do you figure it take for the order to be confirmed then be built and delivered? Ive seen alot of varying info on here. Any info would be appreciated.
Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
At this point you would be pushing it to get a 2016. Between the shut down and the end of 2016 production, Ford is simply running out of time to fill existing allocations, much less add more.

A dealer stock order being changed to a special order is pretty much your only hope.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Depends if the allocation that you're ordering from is for Q1, Q2 or (possibly Q3). If it's Q1, it could be done within 2 months. If it's Q2, you'll be waiting until at least April sometime.

I'm not sure if allocations given go into Q3 or if they'll start giving out additional allocations as spare capacity permits near the end of the model year.

OP
OP

AnthonyB1988

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Dang.. ive got a dealer telling me hes got an allocation and its mine if i want it but he keeps saying he doesnt know when to expect it if i do.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Tell them to ask their Regional/Zone Manager. They can find out pretty easily. Don't accept "we don't know".

Sponsored

OP
OP

AnthonyB1988

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
I will try that. Seems like some have waited 4+ monthes to take delivery and curious about the average wait yall have had.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I will try that. Seems like some have waited 4+ monthes to take delivery and curious about the average wait yall have had.
Really no way to tell, its 100% dependent on when the dealers allocation is slated for build, and when its slated for build has nothing to do with when the order is placed

2 dealers could both have a Feb build (ie it will be pulled in feb), one guy who ordered in june is in a for a long long wait, if the allocation was some how unsold and some guy strolls in today and gets it, he might only wait 6-8 weeks by virtue of the fact he was lucky enough to place the order right before it was to be pulled

I personally ordered in June and my car was built on Tuesday, others have ordered well after me and had their cars for awhile now, yet some are still waiting

If you are in a hurry, your best bet is to look for an in stock/in transit card. Otherwise be prepared to be patient. My advice is if you have a 2016 allocation at a good price, snag it if you really want the car. The boss 302 went up in MSRP between model years, the hell cat went up in MSRP between model years, I would not be surprised if MY17 also brought a price increase

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
The boss 302 went up in MSRP between model years, the hell cat went up in MSRP between model years, I would not be surprised if MY17 also brought a price increase
The Boss had a modest increase (a whole $1200) primarily because of changes to the Mustang as a whole. The platform was facelifted. Sync became standard. HIDs became standard (unsure if they were to everything). The cluster gained a color center LCD display. The vinyls were more involved.

The 2017 will be mostly carryover (in that it obviously won't include any sort of facelift or platform refresh) but Sync 3 is said to be included on every 2017 Ford model so there's that. Any other things that go from being optional to standard aside, I wouldn't expect the price to increase that much UNLESS Ford wants to cash in on the success of the model. Seeing as the value is big selling point for the car (regardless of how the dealers ruined that), I don't think they'll go that route.

I think the MSRP may raise around $500. Willing to place some bets. :D

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Nothing is 100% from what I've experience and seen. There is always an issue. My allocation was slated for Q4 2015. It's been 6 weeks in unscheduled clean status and still has yet to be chosen. Ordered first week of September. Some have been lucky and others haven't in getting it sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP

Sb31767

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350r w electronics. DIB w White Stripes
Probably a day before eternity

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Ford is not scheduling anything for the rest of January, and the last order date for 2016s is March 4. Even though Ford accepted the order for my replacement GT 350 early in December, today I was told not to expect any more details (including the DORA) until sometime in February. By then, I'll be 9 months into the order process; it's easier (and a lot less frustrating) to just have a baby! :crazy: