Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
About 18" of snow here on the island. I sat in her and made engine and squealing tire sounds :lol:

If cruising season wasn't considered over before it surely is now.
Sponsored

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
FInally managed to install the winter wheels!!! Rims are the MMD Axim, same model as Hack but mine are in silver. They were on clearance, $110 each. Tires are michelin something, forgot the model, but they're badass winter tires. I can confirm that the fit is super tight. Probably 1mm or less between rim and caliper. But they do fit, if just barely.

Now it better be a bitter cold february, or I'll feel like a damn fool.
shelby winter tires.jpg

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
FInally managed to install the winter wheels!!! Rims are the MMD Axim, same model as Hack but mine are in silver. They were on clearance, $110 each. Tires are michelin something, forgot the model, but they're badass winter tires. I can confirm that the fit is super tight. Probably 1mm or less between rim and caliper. But they do fit, if just barely.

Are those 19s?

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase

One millimeter? That is scary... Are you sure it is that close? Can you fit 10 pieces of copy paper in between?

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I'm about to give it's first bath (590 miles). The car and I are both very excited.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Plastidip black them and they will blend in and won't be so noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
Had my windows tinted today. 35% sides and back - subtle, but noticeable - gives the car a better look, especially with the black rims.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One millimeter? That is scary... Are you sure it is that close? Can you fit 10 pieces of copy paper in between?
I didn't try that, but I did look closely with a flashlight and it looked ultratight.

Sponsored

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350

Funny....my MMD's just got to me (i took the bargain silver option myself). My car is white (no stripes)....thanks for the perspective....i now know what they're going to look like on mine (if it ever gets here). Jonas is a MF'er......

General question - Does it make sense to buy a small spacer or is it OK to have an extremely tight fit? Sorry for the dumb question but I dont want to do any damage.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
drove it to work today. sweet.
and ordered FP oil separator for pass side (driver's side won't be available for another month, they say...and the hoot struts.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
drove it to work today. sweet.
and ordered FP oil separator for pass side (driver's side won't be available for another month, they say...and the hoot struts.
How does the R facilitate transitions from road to parking lots with the spoiler?

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny....my MMD's just got to me (i took the bargain silver option myself). My car is white (no stripes)....thanks for the perspective....i now know what they're going to look like on mine (if it ever gets here). Jonas is a MF'er......

General question - Does it make sense to buy a small spacer or is it OK to have an extremely tight fit? Sorry for the dumb question but I dont want to do any damage.
I don't think a spacer will make much difference. The tightest challenge is clearing the diameter of the rim. The caliper clears it just by a hair.

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
I don't think a spacer will make much difference. The tightest challenge is clearing the diameter of the rim. The caliper clears it just by a hair.
Thanks. How many miles have you put on it with the winter wheels? Assuming any level of clearance is fine and if you havent experienced any issues yet you wont. Thoughts?
Sponsored