Sponsored

Adhesive suede/Alcantra for door trim pieces?

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I'm a bigger fella and I tend to drive my Mustang with my left leg against the driver's side (duh) door.

The hard plastic and sharp angles near the window switches are really obnoxious, as they tend to dig uncomfortably into my leg.

Does anyone make a cover piece for this in a suede or similar material that might make driving more pleasant? Failing that, does anyone have a recommendation for an adhesive material with which I could line the sharp edges?
Sponsored

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
You could also buy alcantera fabric and 3M adhesive spray and line the panels yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
You could also buy alcantera fabric and 3M adhesive spray and line the panels yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Came in to say this.

Seen it done plenty of times among the Honda folks.

1. Remove door panels

2. Disassemble door panel.

3. Cut and test fit fabric.

4. Spray 3m adhesive

5. Stretch the fabric over pieces needing fabric, work out any bubbles, let dry.

6. Reassemble door.

7. Reinstall door panel and show off new Luis vitton themed interior to all the boyfriends at the next import meet/car show.

Aside from their hideous over the top fabrics they choose, the results are actually very nice. Gives any econobucket a bit more of a luxurious feel.

OP
OP

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Ugh, I'm trying to avoid disassembling doors. That's a really tedious task. When I finally pull the trigger on some new speakers I'll likely do that at the same time.

For now I just bought some adhesive-backed faux-suede headliner material. I don't need much, just enough to cover where my leg hits. I can do a really nice fit sometime down the line.
Sponsored