Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost conv.
ecoboost and GT350 have ESE
ESE in GT350 was the big surprise for many of those buyers......
Ramb
yes. according to the ford docs for MY 2016...Anc 2.3 only ESE 2.3 and 5.2 See below...

ANC - 2.3L
ANC is an audio system feature that eliminates a certain range of low frequency engine noise within the passenger compartment typically induced under wide open throttle or heavy part-throttle conditions. The system uses two (coupe) or three (convertible) microphones, a DACMC (contained within the ACM), and the audio system speakers. The DACMC determines the noise frequency to be canceled based upon engine
rotation speed data, engine torque data, and accelerator pedal position data from the PCM, as well as microphone input signals.
While the engine is running, the ANC microphones located in the overhead console and center rear of the headliner (coupe), or overhead console, RHR quarter panel, and LHR quarter panel (convertible) monitor the engine noise resonating in the passenger compartment. The microphones transmit this noise as analog signals to the DACMC (contained within the ACM), where they are converted into digital signals by the
integrated analog/digital converter. The digital signals are processed and an inverted phase sound wave with the same amplitude as the original sound is created. This new sound is converted into an analog audio signal, transmitted to the DACMC internal tone generator, and output by the ACM to the LHF and RHF door midwoofer speakers, and left and right parcel shelf full-range speakers (coupe) or RHR and LHR quarter panel full-range speakers (convertible) as fluctuating AC voltage.

ESE - 2.3L And 5.2L

ESE is an audio system feature that enhances certain engine tones typically induced under wide open throttle or heavy part-throttle conditions. The system uses a DACMC (contained within the ACM) and the audio system speakers.
The DACMC determines the engine tone to enhance based upon engine rotation speed data, engine torque data, and accelerator pedal position data from the PCM. The data from the PCM is processed and converted into an analog audio signal, transmitted to the DACMC internal tone generator, and output by the ACM to the LHF and RHF door midwoofer speakers as fluctuating AC voltage.
Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Hi all, took some days to check threads and information in this forum for my upcoming audio installation in my 2016 GT Premium EU spec.
I found the information for the connectors for the amplifier-bypass harness, but not a single part number for the ACM harness. I know i could either buy that harness at that OEMradio guy or from Hextall (good work btw.), but sending this stuff to germany is really expensive. So i would like to build my own.

So... can someone please tell me which part number i have to look for at Molex? I would then build my own harness.

joe007

Joe007
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Thank you for the reaearch and diagrams tohelp us who are not to savy on auto wiring...
Joe

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Hi all, took some days to check threads and information in this forum for my upcoming audio installation in my 2016 GT Premium EU spec.
I found the information for the connectors for the amplifier-bypass harness, but not a single part number for the ACM harness. I know i could either buy that harness at that OEMradio guy or from Hextall (good work btw.), but sending this stuff to germany is really expensive. So i would like to build my own.

So... can someone please tell me which part number i have to look for at Molex? I would then build my own harness.
A lot of info in this thread, so I'm not sure if you saw my attempt to simplify the system;
PremDiagram.jpg

Here is the part # for the ACM plug;
34690-0160 - C4270 has the RCA-level audio and noise cancellation.
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...x?R=34690-0160

While you're at it, go ahead and order the female pins you'll need to mate the plugs to your wiring. They are Molex Part #34803-3212 as seen in Racemasters thread;
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77679

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Yes, have seen that. At first my audio guy asked me specifically about the connector at the back of the ACM, therefor i asked for that molex part nr.
I sent him your picture as well, and now he likes that idea a lot more as he can reuse a lot of the existing wiring with this. On october 11th he will measure the existing system and will then make a proposal for DSP, amps, speakers and such. Most of the mentioned speakers in this thread are hard to come by in Germany, but he'll sure find a good sounding solution for the GT.

Sponsored

joe007

Joe007
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
I just finished my powered sub in my 2015 mustang convertible. The constant power wire (blue with the white stripe) in the harness by the rear speaker... There are two blue wires with the white stripe. So be careful my picture of the wiring harness I cused the wrong wire... No big deal though, I just soldered it back together. Powered subwoofer sounds good.
20170923_095336_HDR~5.jpg

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
[MENTION=20499]mumbles[/MENTION],

Can you help [MENTION=27185]Relak[/MENTION] with a query? He is trying to de-pin the black C2470 connector to disable ANC&ESE in a GT350. He has removed those wires identified as ANC in your diagram but is still getting the noise.

He also has 2 wires coming out of pin 15 and two coming out of pin 16. Does your wiring diagram confirm whether these 4 wires are also ANC related on a GT350?

Thanks,

Adam

A lot of info in this thread, so I'm not sure if you saw my attempt to simplify the system;
PremDiagram.jpg

While you're at it, go ahead and order the female pins you'll need to mate the plugs to your wiring. They are Molex Part #34803-3212 as seen in Racemasters thread;

woofer196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
PremDiagram.jpg

Hi Mumbles - You seem to know what you're talking about. I'm trying to replace the speakers in my 07 premium with the 9 speaker system. I'm trying to get higher fidelity sound out of the existing head unit/amp.

Would these Infinity speakers work?

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R6522EX/Infinity-Reference-REF-6522EX.html

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R3022CX/Infinity-Reference-REF-3022cfx.html

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108K1011T/Infinity-Kappa-10-11t.html

Thanks!

Sponsored

woofer196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
If your upgrading a 9 speaker system the 3.5 door speaker are wired in parallel with cap on the tweeter for high pass. So using a coaxial 3.5 will lead to double tweeters.

woofer196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
If your upgrading a 9 speaker system the 3.5 door speaker are wired in parallel with cap on the tweeter for high pass. So using a coaxial 3.5 will lead to double tweeters.
Gotcha - what about using a 2 way speaker in the 6.5" space?

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
I clipped the tweeter wire in my 3.5” coax and that sounds good for me, much less harsh highs now.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Gotcha - what about using a 2 way speaker in the 6.5" space?
The door 6.5 is a woofer no highs are feed to it. Again no tweeter needed. The rear deck is ok to use coax.
Sponsored