Sponsored

2016 DIB Mustang with....I need your help!

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
Hey guys, my name is John. I live in Northern California. Just joined this board and been reading so much about these new Mustangs. I'm about to place an order for a new 2016 Mustang Premium with PP--- But there are a few things I'm not sure of- I was hoping maybe you guys can guide can provide some input and make the decision easier for me haha.

1) Interior--- In the beginning, I was dead set on getting a DIB with the redline interior--- but I then started thinking-- would that look funny? Would red interior in a blue car look out of place? Anyone have pictures of this set up? I tried looking online but couldn't find anything-- anyways, I did find some of saddle interior and that didn't look that bad--so now im equally torn between all 3 colors---ebony, redline and saddle =/

2)401A package---worth it? I'm the only person that will be driving this car- so memory features are useless to me. The blis sounds kind of cool, but I will probably still be looking at my blind spot just like if that system wasn't there. The shaker pro-- this would be the only reason why I would get this package- but I'm not completely convinced if the upgraded speakers are worth the $1600. Anyone with this package regret getting it? I'm just not sure how much I would have to spend to get an equal/better sound system if I went with the 9 speaker set up and took it to an audio shop to get a sub/amp/speakers installed.

3)Enhanced security package-- Can anyone that got this $400 option please chime in whether you think it was worth it? I was originally thinking of getting a viper/clifford alarm for it separetely---But if this package is worth it, I might skip getting an aftermarket alarm.

Lastly, up to a few hours ago, I was thinking of getting the new offered performance package wheels in lustre nickel ( thought they might look better than the black ones) but then I somehow came across this european mustang forum and found this picture. Is it me, or do these silver wheels not look as good as the black ones on a blue mustang? Hahah

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I personally dont think 401a or the enhanced security are worth it.

Saddle or Black interior for blue. Redline would look weird; I dont even know if they offer redline for DIB ordering though.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
You work for a tech company out there in Mountain View?

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR Ecoboost Premium
1: I have a DIB with saddle leather and I couldn't be happier it looks fantastic. Personally I wouldn't go for the red, but seeing the combo in person wouldn't hurt.

2: The shaker pro is decent but it's no custom setup that's for sure. I like it, but there's a ton of room for improvement, especially for the price...

3: I leave my windows open all the time and love telling people to grab something through the window just to make them jump from the alarm so no regrets here! :D

Good luck!!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
After I heard 400a sound system... I knew I had to have 401a...simply for the fact is I never want switch out speakers ever again...those days in my life are over... good sounding system is good enough. 401a fits the bill. the added speakers and sub really make it alot better for me personally. 400a has no punch to it and it doesn't get as loud and mids are way to muddy and lacks on the top end. 401a speaker system fixes alot of that. blis is just an enhancement but I do like the on coming traffic alert when reversing personally. I can't use memory because of my 2 and half yr old behind me.

if you plan on upgrading stereo, I'd say no...but for those of us who don't want to take apart the interior 401a's sound is pretty good for what it is. I listen to the FRPP Sport more anyways.

enhanced security I really could care less about but the car came with it. At end of the day if people want something...they'll destroy it to get to it and no locking mechanism is going to stop them and wheel locks aren't expensive.

Sponsored

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
1) Interior--- In the beginning, I was dead set on getting a DIB with the redline interior--- but I then started thinking-- would that look funny? Would red interior in a blue car look out of place? Anyone have pictures of this set up? I tried looking online but couldn't find anything-- anyways, I did find some of saddle interior and that didn't look that bad--so now im equally torn between all 3 colors---ebony, redline and saddle =/
I've been looking all over the place to find a non-recaro redline interior and haven't found one yet. I also haven't seen any good pics of DIB/Redline combo. I'm seriously considering that myself and would love to see it. Also waiting to see the new 2016 Yellow Jacket interior but there hasn't been a non-recaro post of that either.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Here's a better pic of the wheels on an EU DIB with PP, from mustang6.de

Look totally awesome imho, I will get the same car as you see can see on the pics. The lightning on the convention showrooms make the nickel wheels look strange.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I didn't think that the premium was worth the cost over the base. Get what suits you. Sit in both and see what you would use, and what you could live with.

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
The shaker pro sounds fantastic. The blind spot is good as a double check measure. I don't solely depend on it but it is nice to look at it to double check as the mustang has a serious blind spot. If the blind spot or reverse sensing system saves you from one wreck it's paid for itself. The pony lights have gotten compliments from complete strangers more than once. Probably the most commented on thing about my stang. Cooled seats are nice and a must on leather seats. The big screen is a must for me. Having had a tiny screen in my last car I couldn't go back to that. The premium is worth every penny.

Codog23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think the premium package is well worth it for the cooling and heated seats, the toggle switches are very cool and easy to use and the big screen is a must for me. And I'm pretty sure the steering wheel has a nicer feel. I don't like that phone key pad look on the dash in the base GT. BLIS is great. I have it in two of my cars and I always look back but seeing the light in your eye ensures you won't make a dumb move. As far as the wheels, I happen to like the black better, but both are nice. CJ Pony is selling them in more of a matte finish which looks really cool to me. Don't scrimp on the purchase. The few extra bucks now, will make you happier later!

Sponsored

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Premium pp with black wheels. Dib with nickel wheels looks weird.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
Here's a better pic of the wheels on an EU DIB with PP, from mustang6.de

Look totally awesome imho, I will get the same car as you see can see on the pics. The lightning on the convention showrooms make the nickel wheels look strange.

These wheels look REALLY good on this car. I like the Fastback look over the convertible though.

I always bought base models but I got such a good deal on this 401A that I went with it. I'll NEVER buy a base again, ESPECIALLY if it was my daily driver. Having all the bells and whistles add to the driving experience!!!

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I rather like the black wheels better on the DIB.

I like the ceramic best on the DIB, but the saddle is a good contrast.

I went with the 401A and am happy with it. I didn't want to skimp on this car and regret it later. Cooled seats, 12 speakers, etc.

Also went with the BLIS & Adaptive cruise. Bells & whistles, I know, but they've actually been useful.

Got the enhanced security package; might not be the best value, since if someone is determined to break in, they are going to; and I could have gotten the wheel locking kit aftermarket; but it's all done, it works, and no real complaints.
Sponsored