Sponsored

Borla Touring

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Hey Guys, I was looking into an axle back exhaust that would give a little more rumble, but not loud. I was told the Borla Touring and a Ford X pipe would be perfect. Do any of you have this set up?
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
such a subjective question, x will give a little more rasp, h will be a little deeper,

the mbrp is nice for the $$, let us know if you need help with anything

OP
OP

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
such a subjective question, x will give a little more rasp, h will be a little deeper,

the mbrp is nice for the $$, let us know if you need help with anything

I'm trying to get a better understanding of how this works.

By having an axle back with an X pipe, is that quieter than a cat back version of the Borla touring?

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm trying to get a better understanding of how this works.

By having an axle back with an X pipe, is that quieter than a cat back version of the Borla touring?
Xpipe will delete the resonator and will be louder than the touring catback since the touring replaces the resonator with Borla's resonator/muffler in the middle.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Get the Borla Touring Catback its perfect.

Beefcake will hook you up!

Last edited:

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the touring is nice, if your not looking to get crazy

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Xpipe will delete the resonator and will be louder than the touring catback since the touring replaces the resonator with Borla's resonator/muffler in the middle.
This right here.

For the 2015's, Borla has changed the cat-backs around some and do not have a dedicated "Touring" muffler for these cars. What they do is use the S type muffler and then include the Touring resonator, this makes a really nice but moderate tone at idle and cruise but allows a little more tone at WOT. Its a really nice sounding system.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/borla-2015-mustang-gt-touring-cat-back-exhaust.html

Let us know if you have any other questions about these systems or if you'd like to place an order!

Thank you.

Last edited:

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Buying the Borla Touring Axle back with and X-pipe = FRPP Touring catback. Too raspy IMO and I've got the Borla "mid-muffler" on order so I'm basically converting to the Borla Touring catback, hopefully.

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Buying the Borla Touring Axle back with and X-pipe = FRPP Touring catback. Too raspy IMO and I've got the Borla "mid-muffler" on order so I'm basically converting to the Borla Touring catback, hopefully.

Did you order the resonator ("mid-muffler") from Borla?
I've been waiting for about a month..... Borla informed me that they will be shipping it by 8/7. Currently, I have Borla's S-Type..... From catback.

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
http://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_resonator_part__60561.html

It was ordered a week ago and they said 7-10 days to ship so sounds about right. Doing it with about 10 Steeda parts and don't have time for a couple of weeks so hopefully they get them out by then. Are you trying to quiet yours down? I could handle the FRPP Touring but when I added catted headers it just amplified that high RPM rasp.

Sponsored

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
http://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_resonator_part__60561.html

It was ordered a week ago and they said 7-10 days to ship so sounds about right. Doing it with about 10 Steeda parts and don't have time for a couple of weeks so hopefully they get them out by then. Are you trying to quiet yours down? I could handle the FRPP Touring but when I added catted headers it just amplified that high RPM rasp.
Yes, I'm trying to quiet it down..... I hope that this Borla resonator does the trick.

SpaceGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Anyone know if the Borla resinator works with the Ford Racing exhausts?

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm going to find out lol. Both should work with stock system so I assume so. Im swapping the x-pipe on Ford Racing Touring for the resonator.

UglyMutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm going to find out lol. Both should work with stock system so I assume so. Im swapping the x-pipe on Ford Racing Touring for the resonator.
I’m interested in this setup. I want something that’s not too loud for a DD but I’m not sure about the rasp of the Ford Racing Touring system. I like a smoother deep wooshy tone. Maybe that’s a S type or Borla touring??

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think the S-type can get pretty loud at times, much more on it in the search. I believe the Borla Touring is pretty quiet without headers. I would definitely keep in mind anything you get will be louder if you decide to add headers down the road.
Sponsored