Sponsored

2016 Camaro in the flesh

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
I think the fifth gen looks pretty good, the sixth gen is dog shit ugly.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
The front looks good but the rear looks generic.
I think if you did a bit of taillight treatment (seperating them with body color panels) it could make it look better. Chevy seems to think that only the vette can have those taillights now.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I like the looks of the new Camaro. My wife has already said her next car will be a new Camaro SS. My oldest son (27) is planning on buying a new Camaro as well.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I like the looks of the new Camaro. My wife has already said her next car will be a new Camaro SS. My oldest son (27) is planning on buying a new Camaro as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Its my next car too..I love it...455 hp/450 trq...all it needs is a good lumpity lump aftermarket cam and this baby will be a mid 11 or faster car. Its going to bring the heat.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
See that Bow tie on the back?

That's why I'll never purchase a camaro, Chevy sucks.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
If it looked like this Camaro, me would likey.

Don't like this one at all. Does nothing for me. The S550, I fell in love with the picture of the car before I saw it at the 50th celebration in Charlotte:ford:
A acquaintance of mine works for GM and did work for the 6gen, given that he does work on Class A exterior components he saw the new Camaro very early on. It had a very S550 rear roof/fastback profile. So similar when the Mustang was released he felt they changed it to make it different.

It's to bad, I think a blend between the second get and 6 gen would have looked really good.

I am going to wait to see it in person. Initially I wasn't overly keen on the rear of the S550, now it's on of my favorite aspects after seeing the Magnetic car at the Philly Autoshow.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I think it looks great, but I'd still rather have an S550.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I mean, it's ok. I'm not a huge fan of the Mustang's styling personally. I just like the Camaro less and these two cars are the only ones that fit my price/performance goals. Styling is so subjective and that will be evident when there are a crap ton of these sold and on the road.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
It's not a bad looking car, neither was the 5th Gen. On the contrary they're extremely good looking cars.

I think GM just made an error by essentially refreshing the 5th Gen and throwing in an updated power train. I think perhaps, depending on pricing, they made a mistake if you can get a used or leftover 5th Gen which is 90% of the look for less cash.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
A acquaintance of mine works for GM and did work for the 6gen, given that he does work on Class A exterior components he saw the new Camaro very early on. It had a very S550 rear roof/fastback profile. So similar when the Mustang was released he felt they changed it to make it different.

It's to bad, I think a blend between the second get and 6 gen would have looked really good.

I am going to wait to see it in person. Initially I wasn't overly keen on the rear of the S550, now it's on of my favorite aspects after seeing the Magnetic car at the Philly Autoshow.
That is very, very interesting to hear the comment on the similarities between the S550 and the fact they changed it. When looking at the door and rear quarter on the 6G Camaro, it just seems to be disjointed. The rear hip seems really high and doesn't flow. At least not to me.

I love the rear of the S550. It was my favorite part of the car the second I saw it and just gets better each day I walk out into my garage and see the ass of my car.