Sponsored

Water spots ? Filter water?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Home Depot and Lowes sell filters designed for supplying an entire house. They're like $50 and should be easy to plumb in before a hose spigot.

Anyone tried them?
Not too sure if those type of filters actually remove all the minerals out to leave water spot free surfaces ... ??
Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
After your final rinse I suppose you could spritz the panels with a detailer spray before drying. You'd only need to do this on the last half of the car or so, as the water starts drying.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Remember the Mr. Clean Car Wash sprayer that took the filter cartridge? I use to use it, and it worked great ... just do a final rinse with the filtered water and zero water spots without touching it. Sad thing is they stopped making the Mr. Clean wash sprayer and the filters. It was inexpensive too ... have not seen anything comparable since for the price.
Yep, had one, that thing rocked. :cheers:

I have well water, which is the worst due to iron content. I really can't even wash a vehicle at home, have to hit a car wash and finish the detail at home.

Russ125

Was I speeding officer?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I ended up running a new hose bib that's connected to the soft water lines in the house. No spot issues at all and I have horrible water with iron and minerals. If you have hard water, a water softener is the best way to deal with it.

If you can't do that, best alternative is to keep the car wet right up until you start drying and use a spray wax or spray detailer as you go.

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I washed my truck didn't get around the Mustang today, next weekend, but I found the ultimate cure for water spots: spray on wax

I used this

Works great, I used two microfiber towels and this only added about 15 extra minutes after washing
Sponsored