Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Husker, that's absolute bullshit! You have to give it up because some other numbskull stole it? Knowing all he probably did was hang it on his garage wall
I don't have to give it up but I don't like being pulled over.

Agreed...The irony is, If I hadn't reported it to the police, the DMV would've just issued a replacement-->:frusty:

They said it would remain on file for years as a stolen plate. The officer said it's the downside of message plates. With regular numbered/lettered issued you just end up with new number/letters.

Any law enforcement on here agree with what I was told?
Sponsored

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
Violet's plate finally arrived
uploadfromtaptalk1433623507094.jpg

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE 50TH Mustang Kona Blue #320 6 speed
I don't have to give it up but I don't like being pulled over.

Agreed...The irony is, If I hadn't reported it to the police, the DMV would've just issued a replacement-->:frusty:

They said it would remain on file for years as a stolen plate. The officer said it's the downside of message plates. With regular numbered/lettered issued you just end up with new number/letters.

Any law enforcement on here agree with what I was told?
Sorry. That stinks....

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
When does the sticker expire? Once you get an upgraded sticker, the thief will have problems.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
When does the sticker expire? Once you get an upgraded sticker, the thief will have problems.
Another good point and reason I should not be in the system beyond the expiration of the sticker, but I was told it will stay there until it is found

I don't understand why it has to be entered as stolen to all police departments, in Nebraska you must have two plates they only stole one.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Another good point and reason I should not be in the system beyond the expiration of the sticker, but I was told it will stay there until it is found

I don't understand why it has to be entered as stolen to all police departments, in Nebraska you must have two plates they only stole one.

I'd drive it. Keep a copy of original bill of sale and any decent cop would understand. Your other plate is hanging as a trophy on another mustang enthusiast wall, piece of shit he is.

HrsePwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE #735
I'd drive it. Keep a copy of original bill of sale and any decent cop would understand. Your other plate is hanging as a trophy on another mustang enthusiast wall, piece of shit he is.

...or just someone born in 1964, let's not rush to condemn a Mustang enthusiast. We all know we're a group of classy law abiding citizens:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
...or just someone born in 1964, let's not rush to condemn a Mustang enthusiast. We all know we're a group of classy law abiding citizens:

Good point.

Where did you find that pic of me?

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I know...But I hate being pulled over for any reason + "I could chance it but if I've had a couple of adult beverage's with dinner or whatever..."

Trying to come up with something...64 DNA, etc..

Sponsored

Swann

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 'Premium'. 'CO'
My plates - GDDUP

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Mustang's at Work

Honda is out-of-action for this week and next, so have to drive the Whale to work! At this rate, it will have a total of 2,000 miles on it by next Thursday.
My Moose at night.jpg

licktensteins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels and a stick
Posted in the other thread as well.

I have to give up my 1964 DNA Plate or risk getting pulled over for stolen plates nationwide.

Yesterday someone stole one of my plates.
<snip>
This blows. I've had personalized plates on my cars for several years now, and invested in some locking plate fasteners a while back. Sure enough, one time I came out to the car after dinner and found that the plastic covers I use over the screws had been flipped open, as if someone was going to take the plate but was foiled by the design of the fastener head pattern.

I recommend to all of you guys running vanity plates to invest in these fasteners. A few bucks to save a lot of hassle from those who just can't respect other people's stuff.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Posted in the other thread as well.

I have to give up my 1964 DNA Plate or risk getting pulled over for stolen plates nationwide.

Yesterday someone stole one of my plates.

Today I reported it to the police.

They informed me that the plate would be entered as stolen in the national data base.

It was suggested to me if I didn't wanna risk be pulled over whenever an officer would run the plates to get a different message on the plate.

They said, if I keep the same message (Which I can) it would still remain on file as stolen...Was told if out of town or state, I could have a lot of explaining to do and could possibly be explaining in their offices/jail.

I said if I have the registration then it would prove it's mine. They agreed that's how they would handle it, but couldn't speak for other law enforcement, because they might think I forged the documents and it wouldn't look good because maybe the reason I'm pulled over is because of Speeding etc.

I'm so pissed. I could chance it but could not imagine the paranoia of getting pulled over, especially if I've had a couple of adult beverage's with dinner or whatever...

This blows. I've had personalized plates on my cars for several years now, and invested in some locking plate fasteners a while back. Sure enough, one time I came out to the car after dinner and found that the plastic covers I use over the screws had been flipped open, as if someone was going to take the plate but was foiled by the design of the fastener head pattern.

I recommend to all of you guys running vanity plates to invest in these fasteners. A few bucks to save a lot of hassle from those who just can't respect other people's stuff.
Since this happened I had quite the conversation with the people who work at the DMV. Short story if I would've reported that I mangled it up on a curb or whatever and threw it away they would've replaced it and not reported it in the database. Lesson learned so if it happens to you do not report it stolen.