Sponsored

Sock's Project 6G

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The midpipe is copper/red base. The axle back is satin black. Call Jet-hot and tell them Aaron at Dusold Designs sent you. They are great people and can recommend the best coating for your application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just sent an inquiry in on Long tubes. Thanks for the referral. Also great build thread. Love forgestars

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sock

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 6spd PP Magnetic
Ford Racing Short throw shifter installed in time for the Pikes Peak OUSCA event!
f084387ca0db312a79cb57a21c552159.jpg

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
How does the shifter feel compared to the stock one?

OP
OP

Sock

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 6spd PP Magnetic
How does the shifter feel compared to the stock one?

It is short. I will probably have to make a taller shift knob for track use. Shifts feel solid, the kit comes with aluminum bushings for the front mount, which firms the feel up.

OP
OP

Sock

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 6spd PP Magnetic
I want your rear decklid spoiler so badly lol. It looks so badass on the S550

Thanks Brian!

First production spoilers are at Powdercoat now! Should have them ready to ship next week!

Sponsored

Branman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It is short. I will probably have to make a taller shift knob for track use. Shifts feel solid, the kit comes with aluminum bushings for the front mount, which firms the feel up.

It looks like the shifter itself is actually shorter than stock? Also any reason why you chose ford racing vs say MGW or Barton? Thanks

OP
OP

Sock

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 6spd PP Magnetic
It looks like the shifter itself is actually shorter than stock? Also any reason why you chose ford racing vs say MGW or Barton? Thanks

The shifter is quite a bit shorter then stock. I went with Ford Racing because of expense and their products are always well engineered. I didn't plan on changing it at all, the stock shifter I actually pretty good, but at a couple of events I did have an issue with the 3rd to 4th at high RPM. The solid bushings should help with that. We will know this weekend after the Optima event!

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
The shifter is quite a bit shorter then stock. I went with Ford Racing because of expense and their products are always well engineered. I didn't plan on changing it at all, the stock shifter I actually pretty good, but at a couple of events I did have an issue with the 3rd to 4th at high RPM. The solid bushings should help with that. We will know this weekend after the Optima event!

This is exactly why I want a new shifter...I get locked outta fourth pretty frequently. Normally high rpms but not always near redline. Missing a shift while passing feels a bit precarious