Engine oil flush

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ok, It's time for me to change my oil. I had planed to stick with the Motorcraft 5W-50 but here in Korea it's impossible to find, There is 3 Ford dealerships in Seoul but I live about 3 and a half hours away to find out if they even carry that weight oil and because I don't speak Korean calling them is not an option, I found a place that does carry Amsoil 5w-50 so I bought two cases. I read I believe in the owners manual that if you change brands that you should flush the motor first. My question is what type of flush should I use? An oil flush or flush with the Amsoil 5w-50? opinions?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Helmet

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I thought the oil was a 5-50 not a 20-50. Was the 20-50 a typo?

And the oils are compatible, so you don't need to flush.

-T
Ya, sorry it was a typo it's 5w-50. Corrected

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Ok, It's time for me to change my oil. I had planed to stick with the Motorcraft 5W-50 but here in Korea it's impossible to find, There is 3 Ford dealerships in Seoul but I live about 3 and a half hours away to find out if they even carry that weight oil and because I don't speak Korean calling them is not an option, I found a place that does carry Amsoil 5w-50 so I bought two cases. I read I believe in the owners manual that if you change brands that you should flush the motor first. My question is what type of flush should I use? An oil flush or flush with the Amsoil 5w-50? opinions?
Unless you are set on the dealer handling it, you may want to do it yourself at the Auto Craft Shop. Did that for my first one just to get to know and inspect the car better. Ordered filter from Rock Auto. $14.27 for filter and $4.99 for shipping. Received within a week. Ordered case of MC 5W-50 from PX--no shipping charge, of course. Got that quick also ($9/quart IIRC). No issues with oil change itself. All of the posts on here helped tremendously. Felt like my 5th oil change on this vehicle rather than first.

Will post details in separate thread later...

View attachment 79463
On the lift.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

OP
OP
Helmet

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Unless you are set on the dealer handling it, you may want to do it yourself at the Auto Craft Shop. Did that for my first one just to get to know and inspect the car better. Ordered filter from Rock Auto. $14.27 for filter and $4.99 for shipping. Received within a week. Ordered case of MC 5W-50 from PX--no shipping charge, of course. Got that quick also ($9/quart IIRC). No issues with oil change itself. All of the posts on here helped tremendously. Felt like my 5th oil change on this vehicle rather than first.

Will post details in separate thread later...

View attachment 79463
I tried to get the MC oil through AAFES auto skills center on Yeongsan garrison but was told that they couldn't order it and they tried to sell me Modul oil. I found a Korean Amsoil distributor and bought two cases of the 5w-50 for about $260.

Syberspace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
No need to flush. Just change. Your not mixing rare wines and tasting them...

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
No need to flush. Just change. Your not mixing rare wines and tasting them...
Exactly. Do a complete drain as much as possible and replace with the new oil & filter. Don't over OCD this. :thumbsup: