Sponsored

eyeballing new block. . . what compression?

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
I've considered all that. I'm ok making one pass and getting kicked off the track.

I just want the car to feel scary fast and at 700rwhp its not there yet. So I'm stepping up the power as I can. Car is just so smooth and refined which is great, it just leavs me wanting more power. I don't care about top speed; I like acceleration.
Sponsored

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet there are VERY few verts making that kind of power. I doubt there are many that make what you have now!

Have not read your whole thread, but is there chassis flex with that much power?
Nope; stable as can be. It is amazingly stable.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
I've considered all that. I'm ok making one pass and getting kicked off the track.

I just want the car to feel scary fast and at 700rwhp its not there yet. So I'm stepping up the power as I can. Car is just so smooth and refined which is great, it just leavs me wanting more power. I don't care about top speed; I like acceleration.
Disregard upgrading 8.8, LOL.

But again, talking to VMP about what is reasonable price wise with your current blower and HP desires would be time well spent.

turbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will be building my block, diamond 11:1 piston, Manley h beams w/arp bolts, arp bolts and studs for the head and Main, mmr tcs, boundary opg, and rgr style sleeve supports

Sponsored

turbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A sleeved block is added insurance over 900whp but sleeve supports have been proven to support 1100whp and cost a lot less, my goal is 900-1000whp

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
depends on power level and fuel your running.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm curious about this as well. I'm starting the planning for a built motor. Does anyone know anything about L&M motors? They sell a sleeved short block that I was looking at. And I'm not even sure where I want my compression at.

Sponsored
OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the sleeve supports I installed on mine
Did you do this yourself or have a shop do this? I imagine a shop has to do this to grind clearance perfectly?

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do the supports not cause cooling issues?

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
I'm curious about this as well. I'm starting the planning for a built motor. Does anyone know anything about L&M motors? They sell a sleeved short block that I was looking at. And I'm not even sure where I want my compression at.
L&M is an excellent company. I will be running their custom cams in my whipple build. Would have no qualms running their short block.