Sponsored

Ordering Guide - 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang

Doc Holliday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500
I'm in the same boat, wanting the amenities of the tech pack along with the coolers of the track pack. It's a shame you can't get both.

I need the rear seats so I can take my family for a drive, which makes the GT350R less desirable to me. Part of me wonders if it would just be easier to add the rear seats back to an R with the Electronics Package, but I also thought I read where that one will be limited production, which translates into "huge ADM + limited availability = unobtainium"
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Shadow Black? If that's a metallic black and offered on the normal S550, I'd be happy!
I'm thinking Shadow Black is a matte/flat/semi-gloss black, like the Avalanche Grey looks to be matte too.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Four way adjustable head restraints means no Recaros on Tech Pkg.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Looks like they need a MagneRide Delete for those who really want to race the GT350, and MagneRide and CCB Delete if you want to race the R.

Just noticed the CCB are in front only.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
FAIL.

Seriously what the hell? I thought Ford was going to offer the Luxury Recaros we've heard about with the Tech package. I really want to buy this car but Ford is honestly making it difficult. Ford seriously has to get this order guide changed. So they're assuming just because some of us want Navigation and Leather doesn't mean we don't want Recaros.

jonb347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby, 1993 Mod Fox, 1968 Stang
not sure where this leaked from? its not on our dealer site?

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Man the interior is going to suck w/o the tech package
Looks like the interior is going to suck w/ the Tech package as well as it deletes the Recaros. :frusty:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I'm thinking Shadow Black is a matte/flat/semi-gloss black, like the Avalanche Grey looks to be matte too.
Is Avalanche like the CGI car or like the one that Top provided?

Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
"Shadow Black"???? Tell me more...

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
There is still 3/4 of a year for the order guides to be revised by Ford before the car goes on sale.

I hope it's less than that...with a "late 2015" availability, you would think order guides would be opening by summer. They still have time, but not 3/4 of a year time.

It's obvious there are glitches in it so hopefully it's just an idea of the options we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
I'm pretty bummed. The options seem backwards in a way.

You can get a GT350R with the luxury items added back in (by getting the Electronics Package).

But on the regular GT350 you can get either the Tech Pack (which gets rid of the track stuff), or the track pack (which gets rid of the Tech stuff). So if you want the track pack you are stuck with the base interior. Very annoying!

They need to make the Electronics Package available on the regular GT350 as well.

I'd even spring for the GT350R, but I need the back seats, so I can't go that route either. Really strange that after all of the talk about taking out weight on the GT350R, they'll let you add it back in on that one but not on the GT350. Maybe ford will come to their senses and change this around a bit.

I definitely want the cooling, but also want the damn touchscreen radio. Decisions, decisions. I wonder if the various coolers will be available through Ford Racing parts.

-T
I would like the cooling as well, even though I look at the car as more of a daily driver than anything else. I'd still like the option to take it to the track without worry, and the extra cooling would be helpful on my annual trip to The Dragon.

I think if this is how the options stand I would definitely select the Tech package and hope that the standard cooling setup is sufficient for my needs. It probably is, but still... I'd like to have everything.

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
FAIL.

Seriously what the hell? I thought Ford was going to offer the Luxury Recaros we've heard about with the Tech package. I really want to buy this car but Ford is honestly making it difficult. Ford seriously has to get this order guide changed. So they're assuming just because some of us want Navigation and Leather doesn't mean we don't want Recaros.
We haven't seen any pictures of the luxury seats yet, so I wouldn't necessarily say no Recaros. They could still yet be Recaros of a different design. That's what the announcement Ford/Recaro made seemed to imply. We may see them revealed at the Detroit show.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I think the tech package includes fancy recaros. Note that later in the guide they mention leather Recaros being part of the tech pack. So, I'm pretty sure you get manual cloth recaros in the base and track packs, with power leather Recaros in the tech pack.

EDIT: I take it back. Looks like you don't get recaros with the tech pack. It just says leather suede/miko seats while the standard seats are Recaro cloth/miko seats.

Ford needs to work on the option packages I think. Adding the electronics package to the GT350 would be a good start.

-T
Sponsored