Sponsored

T-Top Conversion

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
T-tops on a 2015 Mustang??!!

Really...that's a very humorous idea...the though is making me laugh!

Actually...if you're interested in a throw back to the good old days...

How about investing in a custom "Superbird" style rear spoiler for your '15 Mustang!

Or...maybe a "Vinyl roof"!

I think Tom Petty would approve!!

:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Last edited:

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
T-tops on a 2015 Mustang??!!

Really...that's a very humorous idea...the though is making me laugh!

Actually...if you're interested in a throw back to the good old days...

How about investing in a custom "Superbird" style rear spoiler for your '15 Mustang!

Or...maybe a "Vinyl roof"!

I think Tom Petty would approve!!

[emoji106]

You know why they put a vinyl roof on super birds right? It was cost saving since the metal fabrication wasn't perfect it was easy and cheap to cover with vinyl.

But hey it can be as humorous as pony projection lights or hidden pony that appear when your car gets frost on it. Just imagine how they will be laughing in 30 years lol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2002 Oxford White V6
I don't know....I'm a sucker for removable roofs...I think it could work! IMO :D
142237d1387485837-2015mustanggt.vert.jpg

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I don't know....I'm a sucker for removable roofs...I think it could work! IMO :D
I would go for a full Targa Top like this over a T-Top. Targa Tops are more Exotic In My Opinion, T-Tops are So 70's. Not to mention T-Tops are more prone to leaking. A Well Engineered Targa Top should be Leak Free. It would require Beefing Up the A Pillar/Header like a Convertible and Installing a Roll Bar in the B Pillar. Personally I would like the Targa to have Body Color Side Rails with a Tinted Polycarbonate Center To give it a Sunroof Effect when installed, like the Carbon Fiber C-6 Stingray Targa Top, but with the Polycarbonate Center. The Double Bubble could also be retained with a Targa, again much like the C-6 Stingray.

Last edited:

Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
The corvette is designed with a very stiff backbone chassis a tall box that runs from the front Y frame to the rear Y frame which are then connected on the outside by large extruded tubular beams. It is designed to be a convertible from the get go.

The mustang is designed as a coupe and the convertible is significantly weaker in torsion or twist than the coupe. You could add all the weight from the add on bracing of the convertible and the T top would be as stiff as the convertible but uglier.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Uglier? Hard to be uglier than the back end of that abomination pictures above. Second ugliest back end of any car next to the c5.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS HAPPENING!!
targatop.jpg

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Ah the King Cobra. The car I grew up working on, side by side with my father, and the reason I fell in love with the Mustang. Hell, my first car (and I still have it) was a Cobra II. Although not T-top... but I have thought about doing it.

Personally, while I am not totally sure how they would look on the S550, I love T-tops. Subbing to see if this happens.

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Those targa pictures look weird as hell to me on the 6g. It looks great on the vettes though