Sponsored

Half Shafts are filled with foam??

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
Broke a half shaft this weekend and discovered that the axles are hollow on the inside and filled with foam!? I hadn't heard or seen this before! video has all the details, hope you like it!

[ame]
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
When you upgrade go with ford racing half shafts and never look back! Dont mess with dss halfshafts, the fasteners have been falling out of them!! Good luck!

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
When you upgrade go with ford racing half shafts and never look back! Dont mess with dss halfshafts, the fasteners have been falling out of them!! Good luck!
Had my DSS halfshafts for 9000+ miles...on not exactly the easiest driving conditions...absolutely have had no issues.

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yep, unfortunately I found this out awhile ago.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Op at your power level with a stick I'm surprised you were running stock shafts, not only that you went and got a 2nd set! Is money tight now or are you just procrastinating?

Last edited:

Sponsored

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Had my DSS halfshafts for 9000+ miles...on not exactly the easiest driving conditions...absolutely have had no issues.

Have my DSS half shafts for over 2 years and no problems..

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I'm in the procrastinating crowd myself. Maybe a Memorial Day sale (if they have them), will get me moving and get me some better half shafts. Since having my SC, I just don't do any hard launches, I just get on it after I'm rolling for a little. Yeah, yeah, I know, "get better half shafts, don't be an a**hole you cheap f*ck or you'll be sitting by the side of the road". Yeah, yeah, . . . . . . .

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Broke a half shaft this weekend and discovered that the axles are hollow on the inside and filled with foam!? I hadn't heard or seen this before! video has all the details, hope you like it!
What did you expect to find there ? Or is it just getting view for your youtube video ?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You can fill the IRS subframe with foam and reduce a lot of NVH after significant modifications.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
that the first i heard about those fasteners. do you happen to have a link for a little more info as i was going to order DSS in the next week or two.

edit: nevermind, there is a thread like 2 below this one talking about it.

OP
OP
daniel_94kg

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
What did you expect to find there ? Or is it just getting view for your youtube video ?
I expected it to be solid since I'd only changed axles that were a solid piece of steel(on other cars). It just surprised me is all.
Sponsored