Possible tq converter failure....help

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
My 2015 Mustang GT is at the shop, it basically stop moving forward on me....no reverse either. There were no signs of impending failure either. It is an auto with CAI, GT350 IM, long-tubes, no cates and custom tune. Now the shop believes it is a broken stator but not sure. There was no fluid leaking, no high temps, no noise.

Ford wont replace under warranty for obvious reasons. Should I just replace thr TQ converter witha good aftermarket and if so, recommendations? However, could it be something else?
Sponsored

OP
OP
bunk22

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Time for a Circle D converter. But I would question the tuning that may or mat not have caused this problem if there's too much line pressure.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Probably what I will get, the Circle D. Why the 5C though?
because i plan on staying NA.... It footbrakes to 4000 and is a BLAST to drive. i have so many compliments on how hard the car leaves the line.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
My 2015 Mustang GT is at the shop, it basically stop moving forward on me....no reverse either. There were no signs of impending failure either. It is an auto with CAI, GT350 IM, long-tubes, no cates and custom tune. Now the shop believes it is a broken stator but not sure. There was no fluid leaking, no high temps, no noise.

Ford wont replace under warranty for obvious reasons. Should I just replace thr TQ converter witha good aftermarket and if so, recommendations? However, could it be something else?
Better make sure the trans is flushed real good.Usually when a convertor fails theirs alot of brass in the fluid.

OP
OP
bunk22

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I am on thr road now but will do the above. The tune is aggressive on shifts no doubt and might as well go with the Circle D. Everyone reccomends it.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Seems odd the torque converter just fail like that. They are usually the strongest part.
However I have heard bad tune can throw the transmission into limbo mode not engaging any gear.
Sponsored