Sponsored

OP
OP

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do those shifters do something different then the blowfish bracket? I mean from what I've seen they both just mount the shifter to the trans eliminating the mount to the body.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just give up at that point and try to act cool like I did it on purpose.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Do those shifters do something different then the blowfish bracket? I mean from what I've seen they both just mount the shifter to the trans eliminating the mount to the body.
I can't imagine it is significant. The only difference that I can see is the small amount of compliance on the Blowfish - uses very small rubber isolators to attach to the rear of the shifter. There is very little side to side play with the Blowfish. The MGW uses harder bushings with a bit less play and also replaces the factory shift linkage too for what that is worth. Would be interesting if a Ben Calimer tranny job is the real answer to the lockout issue (or Ford stepping up their game a bit).

Sponsored

OP
OP

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm all about solutions. I ordered the whiteline bushing insert. Figured 30 bucks it's worth a shot to see if that mount is the issue.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I second the MGW. I used to have 2-3 lockouts too but not since the upgrade.

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
You will need 2 things...

A good trans mounted shifter that also replaces the crappy oem linkage rod so no kinking when shifting hard.

A good clutch upgrade. High rpm shifts are just iffy at best with the stock clutch.

The MT-82 isnt perfect but it isnt the dogshit everyone claims it to be. It was never designed to drag race and thats the main issue. It is a GT car and designed more for road racing.

If you only want a drag car that you like to dump the clutch at 4k then upgrade the an xl or tremec tr6060 but plan on about 5k in your budget. Plus the shifts will never be as smooth as the MT-82.

here is a video of Ben Calimer shifting an MGW RACE SPEC....Doesnt seem to have an issue :ford:

[ame]

George
MGW S550 MT-82 Shifter a2 4web2.jpg

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
You will need 2 things...

A good clutch upgrade. High rpm shifts are just iffy at best with the stock clutch.

The MT-82 isnt perfect but it isnt the dogshit everyone claims it to be. It was never designed to drag race and thats the main issue. It is a GT car and designed more for road racing.

If you only want a drag car that you like to dump the clutch at 4k then upgrade the an xl or tremec tr6060 but plan on about 5k in your budget. Plus the shifts will never be as smooth as the MT-82.

George
I drive my cars pretty gently and wouldn't call shifting at anything above 4k while merging onto a highway drag racing. I would call the 2-3 sec of deceleration while trying to get the car into gear a safety issue and unacceptable in any car, let alone one designed as a performance vehicle.

OP
OP

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What's wrong with the stock clutch that causes an issue?? I mean you push the pedal in clutch releases. Why would that cause an issue?
Sponsored