Sponsored

Broke Built MT82

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just broke my second MT82 and have lost faith in this trans. I'm looking to do either the T56 XL or Ben C stage 1 6060 swap.

Which one should I go with and why? I already have DSS driveshaft and RXT.
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I just broke my second MT82 and have lost faith in this trans. I'm looking to do either the T56 XL or Ben C stage 1 6060 swap.

Which one should I go with and why? I already have DSS driveshaft and RXT.
Welcome to the "break two" club :headbang:
I went with the Ben C TR6060 swap....talked to him quite a bit about it. I really like the RXT as my clutch so he convinced me this would hold up to 1200 hp and a RXT. I completed the swap about two weeks ago and am VERY happy with it. I spared no expense and with with the MGW, Carbon Fiber DSS driveshaft. ... pretty much step by step with this http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64210&highlight=TR6060
He includes some pigtails and a billet crossmember with his. Last I heard he was having difficulty sourcing 6060's...that might make the decision easier.. hit him up.

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Welcome to the "break two" club :headbang:
I went with the Ben C TR6060 swap....talked to him quite a bit about it. I really like the RXT as my clutch so he convinced me this would hold up to 1200 hp and a RXT. I completed the swap about two weeks ago and am VERY happy with it. I spared no expense and with with the MGW, Carbon Fiber DSS driveshaft. ... pretty much step by step with this http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64210&highlight=TR6060
He includes some pigtails and a billet crossmember with his. Last I heard he was having difficulty sourcing 6060's...that might make the decision easier.. hit him up.
I worked with Ben on my MT82 and have been chatting with him about the 6060. my main concern is lead time on the 6060. My car is out of commission and there is a waitlist for the 6060 so who knows when I would be back on the road.

It does sound like a bad A transmission and would save me some money over the T56. Both would be plenty strong for my power level.

Jprada1210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT yellow Jacket
If you don't mind me asking ,how did it go ? Was it due to some hard launches ? I'm gonna be boosting my car soon and this worries the hell out of me . But I rarely do digs , it's mostly 40s and above ..

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
I think RXT clutch has something to do with it. Maybe its time to switch to RST?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If you don't mind me asking ,how did it go ? Was it due to some hard launches ? I'm gonna be boosting my car soon and this worries the hell out of me . But I rarely do digs , it's mostly 40s and above ..
40 roll with a Z06, hard shift at 7500 rpm 2-3 and as soon as I let off the clutch... BOOM

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I think RXT clutch has something to do with it. Maybe its time to switch to RST?
I agree, I think it was the RXT. But I don't want to to switch to the RST, I have heard of them slipping at high power levels and different applications. I would prefer to get a trans that can handle the RXT and my current power... and future power.

Jprada1210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT yellow Jacket
Holy shit man , that sucks . I bet the clutch does have something to do with it . Wouldn't a little slip be better then losing the tranny ?.. maybe an auto swap is in your best interest .

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Both of mine went going into 3rd as well...ZL1 the first time and GTR the last time ..lol.
The RXT is the destroyer...when you get to that 700+ rwhp the RST is questionable.

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Holy shit man , that sucks . I bet the clutch does have something to do with it . Wouldn't a little slip be better then losing the tranny ?.. maybe an auto swap is in your best interest .
Manual is just too fun to auto swap.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Well it looks like the lead time for a Ben C built 6060 might be too long for me to wait for. A fairly long wait list and harder to source the 6060 means a T56 might be in my future.

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP