Sponsored

Flat Tire

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Stuck in another city, tire is not repairable, and most of the shops are closed on Sundays. Waiting for a tow back to my servicing dealer and wait till tomorrow. Not able to verify if they even have the tire in stock.

Terrible not having a spare tire option on this car.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sorry to hear about that. I recently got a flat as well. I was fortunate that the leak was slow enough I was able to make it home after the low pressure warning came on. I even stopped at the gym on the way home. My local tire guy said he could have patched mine, but it was worn out, so time for new tires instead.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Stuck in another city, tire is not repairable, and most of the shops are closed on Sundays. Waiting for a tow back to my servicing dealer and wait till tomorrow. Not able to verify if they even have the tire in stock.

Terrible not having a spare tire option on this car.
I'm with you. Still haven't seen a great solution except for uae247 getting a car in I believe Dubai with a spare on delivery. Has pictures of it but damned if I can tell what wheel, what tire, who makes it, or where it came from but somehow should be able to track that down since it did come with the car so somebody makes it. Anyone know how?

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'm with you. Still haven't seen a great solution except for uae247 getting a car in I believe Dubai with a spare on delivery. Has pictures of it but damned if I can tell what wheel, what tire, who makes it, or where it came from but somehow should be able to track that down since it did come with the car so somebody makes it. Anyone know how?
I just checked one of his posts, and here's a picture of the part number.
picture.jpg

I'm seeing FR3V-1007-A2 , but nothing is showing up on Ford's parts website or google.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Miles

Sorry to hear about that. I recently got a flat as well. I was fortunate that the leak was slow enough I was able to make it home after the low pressure warning came on. I even stopped at the gym on the way home. My local tire guy said he could have patched mine, but it was worn out, so time for new tires instead.
How many miles on your tires ??? Any track days ???

:ford::ford::ford::ford:

Sponsored

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Just had one myself, saturday the warning popped up that the tire was at 25psi. Used a slime plug kit to plug it up, good as new! My fiance didn't want me to plug it and even offered to buy me a new tire, but I told her it was pointless. On my GT one tire had 4 plugs on it, there's always so much construction going on around me I'd go broke buying tires and no one around will patch them because they want to sell you new tires.

34430862010_73137d8819_b.jpg
20170521_022354 by Ryan Jones, on Flickr

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
I would love to have a spare as well. I am cautious to drive the thing on long trips just in case something happens and I get stranded with the family.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Guys, I have a solution for me... I have two sets of wheels. My if/when I take a long trip, I throw one of the rear wheels of the set off the car in the trunk and the hubcentric 25mm spacer, just in case it's a front that goes down.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
How many miles on your tires ??? Any track days ???

:ford::ford::ford::ford:
Not sure. The car has 16,000 miles on it but some of those miles are with snow tires. I have one half a$$ track day because it's a tech pack with no cooling.

Guys, I have a solution for me... I have two sets of wheels. My if/when I take a long trip, I throw one of the rear wheels of the set off the car in the trunk and the hubcentric 25mm spacer, just in case it's a front that goes down.
Good idea.

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just had one myself, saturday the warning popped up that the tire was at 25psi. Used a slime plug kit to plug it up, good as new! My fiance didn't want me to plug it and even offered to buy me a new tire, but I told her it was pointless. On my GT one tire had 4 plugs on it, there's always so much construction going on around me I'd go broke buying tires and no one around will patch them because they want to sell you new tires.
I plugged a puncture further inward than yours, quite close to where the tread ends and sidewall begins. I drove 1300~ STREET miles on it with no issues before trading the car in (for other reasons lol).

Sponsored
OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Thats a great idea. I'll definitely do this if and when I go on a long road trip.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Were did you get the hubcentric 25mm spacer?

Thanks
Jack

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Hello Gents

Someone rang? How can I help
Any progress on your spare solution?

In the meantime, DrumReaper is suggesting using my spare OEM rear, along with a 25mm hub centric spacer in the trunk for a road trip. You have any other ideas?
Sponsored