Sponsored

Highest N/A rwhp?

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I'm leaning toward a Lund Tune on my GT350. You say you're not that impressed..? I noticed in earlier post today you said you've NO dyno numbers. So, are actually not feeling a "seat of the pants" butt dyno improvement? Any particular driving issues after tune? Thanks!
Hey! Yeah, no Dyno numbers. And, the tune works as advertised I believe, I just don't think I would do it again - modify the car as much as I have.

But, lots of guys love the new exhausts and tunes they've had. Just personal preference on this particular car. My brother is in the process of getting one and my recommendation to him was do the caster/camber plates and the mgw shifter - maybe a set of lighter wheels if you want to spend the money.

That being said, I am too far gone now and this winter I will be installing a carbon fiber driveshaft and am now incredibly curious about superchargers.

Oh, and zero driving issues other than the gas mileage has dropped off drastically
Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should also mention that Lund customer service is fantastic. No regrets choosing them as a 'tuning' company.

My thoughts are just that Ford had it nearly perfect when I bought it - in hindsight.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
I should also mention that Lund customer service is fantastic. No regrets choosing them as a 'tuning' company.

My thoughts are just that Ford had it nearly perfect when I bought it - in hindsight.
Thank you sir for a little more insight ...appreciate that! And yes, I couldn't agree more:
"...Ford had it nearly perfect when I bought it.." I just can't seem to leave a great thing alone!
Lol! I'm in deep on mods and thus far extremely pleased but I certainly do know where you're coming from . :cheers:

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you sir for a little more insight ...appreciate that! And yes, I couldn't agree more:
"...Ford had it nearly perfect when I bought it.." I just can't seem to leave a great thing alone!
Lol! I'm in deep on mods and thus far extremely pleased but I certainly do know where you're coming from . :cheers:
Good luck Sir. See you at the other end of this rabbit hole.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I want to follow up on a comment I made earlier. I agree with JN66, the car is dialed in pretty tight stock. After driving and testing the mods I have added I have come to this thought.

The headers are great ! I would say that's a great mod for our car. Really helps it breath down low, and yes it does change the sound. Now the xpipe, no matter the one you choose is a nice piece, and it also helps with the sound. Now I did say before it was loud. But after driving it, windows up, windows down, I will say its about as loud as my Roxxy was at WOT. Honestly hearing it rev out I will say it glorious! Lol I had a perma smile revving it out. I even had people pull up to me and say "Dam ! That's a Mustang sounding like that???" I even took a co worker to collect her auto, and she was even like wow.....your car sounds great ! And these seats feel like they are giving me a hug !" Interesting.....coming from someone who is very nice but seemed to be, or so I thought was a sort of "prissy" type female.

The Lund tune def wakes the lower end up. Yes, the flex tune (when running E85) will kill your MPG. But the beauty of the Flex tune is that you can run ANY gas. Well for me 93 or E85, but you do not have to drain the tank to switch up. Sasha is def stronger...no doubts about that.

Now interesting enough I see others mods list, and I think hmmm. I had someone with a R come by my office to hear my setup, and they had a MGW installed. honestly, I did not feel I need that. I feel the stock shifter is fine. Now in my 11 Shelby I had a MGW. Hell I needed it. But in the 350 ? Well for me, not so much. He also had a carbon fiber 1 piece shaft. I think the stock is fine. The camber plates, I may get those, if I start to track a lot more...but I guess it comes down to what you want to do.

Now that I have had time to look over and use the mods, I would say I have no regrets. At the very least I think a Lund tune is a mod that is worth getting.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I love what headers do to the coyote and voodoo...i just gotta muster up the cash and prep for the cussfest to install the damn things.

[MENTION=22031]JN66[/MENTION] what BC Forged you have? Love that you regret some of these mods, but are continuing down the path lol

Also, i really like the lund FF tune as well as the company and how easy they are to work with. I have zero hard data, but the butt dyno loves the corn

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Some of us don't have the option to do long tubes. Tracks have sound restrictions and the factory exhaust already is pushing some of these limits. Saying bye bye to the factory cats? Not a good idea in that regard.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love what headers do to the coyote and voodoo...i just gotta muster up the cash and prep for the cussfest to install the damn things.

@JN66 what BC Forged you have? Love that you regret some of these mods, but are continuing down the path lol

Also, i really like the lund FF tune as well as the company and how easy they are to work with. I have zero hard data, but the butt dyno loves the corn
Haha. Let me find out which ones I have.

BC RS41 in Crystal Coffee. They look ridiculous, imo. As long as they are clean haha.

GrayGt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gray Gt350 stock
Cams and heads are probably what will get us there, especially with the added compression in our motors the Cams and heads could definitely net us more power The voodoo needs to breathhh i doubt any throttle body work will help us especially without the longer runners and bigger intake plenum anyways, maybe even add a cobrajet and itll only give us at most a 20whp gain . The real question is how much more work do they need? if it is worth it, we won't know exactly how much gains it'll give us nor would i think it be worth it, cams and heads on this platform are definitely a lot more complicated... Mod motors lol not like an LS motor or the new LT motors.

Sponsored

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
That isn't a yes/no question. Until someone tests replacement cams on a Voodoo engine it has yet to be seen. One thing for sure is when dealing with cams you are dictating where in the powerband the engine makes power, and not simply how much power the engine is going to make. The Voodoo is a high-RPM engine, changing the cams to be even more aggressive in the upper revs will probably increase peak power at the expensive of low-midrange torque.

Shoot, I don't even know if I would want to touch anything internally on the engine outside of maybe port and polish the heads. I wouldn't want to cause any imbalance on the engine especially with how much Ford engineers had to do to keep the engine from vibrating itself apart. If I went with a CPC then I would ball out like I did. Go back with the 326ci block increase my compression from 11:1 up to the 12.5:1 that the voodoo has, CNC the heads upgrade the valvetrain a bit, go with some regrinds on the cams, CJ intake, exhaust, FTW and I would imagine 620 wouldn't be too difficult then.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car is currently getting CNC ported heads, Cams, and billet intake. We will see what the voodoo can do.
We absolutely need to hear about this man. Impressive step.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
My car is currently getting CNC ported heads, Cams, and billet intake. We will see what the voodoo can do.
I know it wouldn't be feasible but it would be interesting to know what each of these changes made, individually. I'd be curious to see what happens with the heads, since they are already CNC ported from the factory. The car already has a split personality and I imagine Ford engineers designed the heads to somewhat mitigate that while supporting max HP.

For anyone who hasn't seen Ford CNC ported heads up close, they look like a piece of art. Here are the ones from the Boss, which are very similar.

http://93coupe.com/ford-racing-2012-boss-302-cylinder-heads/

bossheads-044.jpg
Sponsored