Sponsored

16 GT PP Brake Dust

Jones3jd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIP Premium GT PP
Have we done this one yet? Brake dust is a nightmare on my car. Are there any options to lessen this with pads or rotors?

Picture of clean car...:headbang:
IMG_0754.JPG
Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
A different pad will be your buddy, aggressive pads dust and are noisy by nature.

Also, keep those wheels sealed, it makes it way easier to keep them clean.

They look great though.

OP
OP

Jones3jd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIP Premium GT PP
A different pad will be your buddy, aggressive pads dust and are noisy by nature.

Also, keep those wheels sealed, it makes it way easier to keep them clean.

They look great though.
Thanks man. I got them in the marketplace on this forum.

What do you use as a sealant?

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

There are a lot of different options but I remember having great luck on my old Mustang with Black Fire Wet Diamond.

Sonax polymer net shield treated me well, too. I had track brakes on that car and it was never too much of a bitch.

My last car, I went with a coating and was happy with how long it lasted, that was Opti-coat gloss coat. It was probably the easiest thing I have ever applied to a car, just make sure you don't get any high spots. Unfortunately I didn't do the wheels but I have a feeling that would work just fine as well, possibly better.

Do some reading on different detailing forums about wheel coatings/sealants and you'll get a lot of different options. They will all be better than nothing though.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to get my rims coated with a ceramic coating on my '18. From what I've heard it makes cleaning them so much easier.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

In used CG Jet Seal on my paint and wheels.
My wheels are satin black. Works great. I just hose them off and the dust and dirt comes right off.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I recommend PowerStop Z26 brake pads! They are carbon-ceramic low dust pads. I've had mine for a couple months already and I can go a couple of weeks without cleaning my wheels. With my OEM PP Pads I would have to wipe them clean every 2 days.
The initial bite isnt as aggressive as the OEM pads which is a good thing IMO. They perform really well for street/spirited driving but im not sure how they would do on a track.
Also, while your car is up in the air you can add some brake motive rotors for $225 (set of 4) for some extra bling. They come with a set of Z16 pads but those are only for street driving. I upgraded to z26 for the extra performance when i do canyon runs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-...475120?hash=item5b3c1bbe70:g:X9sAAOSw0hlZrxWB
IMG_5188.JPG
IMG_5191.JPG

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I recommend PowerStop Z26 brake pads! They are carbon-ceramic low dust pads. I've had mine for a couple months already and I can go a couple of weeks without cleaning my wheels. With my OEM PP Pads I would have to wipe them clean every 2 days.
great pads, i use the same ones

YukonRally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I use Hawk HPS ceramics. Great feel and much less dust.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I am going to get my rims coated with a ceramic coating on my '18. From what I've heard it makes cleaning them so much easier.
I have ceramic Pro on mine. Clean up is silly simple, microfiber cloth and wipe. No elbow grease needed.

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have ceramic Pro on mine. Clean up is silly simple, microfiber cloth and wipe. No elbow grease needed.
These will be my first black wheels. Hopefully, I like them :)

OP
OP

Jones3jd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIP Premium GT PP
The initial bite isnt as aggressive as the OEM pads which is a good thing IMO. They perform really well for street/spirited driving but im not sure how they would do on a track.
Also, while your car is up in the air you can add some brake motive rotors for $225 (set of 4) for some extra bling. They come with a set of Z16 pads but those are only for street driving. I upgraded to z26 for the extra performance when i do canyon runs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-...475120?hash=item5b3c1bbe70:g:X9sAAOSw0hlZrxWB
I will look into these. Thanks for the direction. And great looking car.

Last edited:

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Thanks for sharing that info, as much as I've learned to like the Black PP wheels, it doesn't take much driving for the front wheels to loose there shine to brake dust....I also plan to invest into the Z26 pads and possibly the slotted rotors.

It seems you have to buy the z26 pads separate from the slotted rotors, American Muscle sells the complete kit, but not for a Performance Pack...???

Cardinal Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metallic
Slap on a set of PowerStop's and you won't have to worry about brake dust any longer.
Sponsored