Cobra jet intake manfold

Johnb-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2006 Volvo XC90 GT350
Kind of surprised no one has mentioned this intake manifold.
7180.jpg

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The only person that I know using it here has no comparisons to anything but his oe manifold with his procharger and he added other mods at the same time if I recall right. I wish there was more on that one. I've searched other forums. :(

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Not trying to start anything but thes aluminum manifolds will be large heat sinks. I am pretty sure any gains will be lost once heat soaked.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Not trying to start anything but thes aluminum manifolds will be large heat sinks. I am pretty sure any gains will be lost once heat soaked.
Another member took before and after temps with his procharger on his sniper set up vs the OE. It was consistently cooler by quite a bit, everywhere he took readings.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Another member took before and after temps with his procharger on his sniper set up vs the OE. It was consistently cooler by quite a bit, everywhere he took readings.

Was he using an IR temp gun? Could be that surface temps were cooler with a brightly colored aluminum intake vs a black plastic intake.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Was he using an IR temp gun? Could be that surface temps were cooler with a brightly colored aluminum intake vs a black plastic intake.
I believe so. Z06psi also stated when it was so hot he didn't want to leave his hand on long with the OE that with the sniper it wasn'like that. His sniper was also black.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Pipe dreams but I feel like this engine is more than capable of 580 HP (crank) with a throttle body and intake redesign, plus an appropriate retune. I know it's not just as easy as just slapping on new hardware or just fab'ing something up but I would like to think that maybe the demand will be there some day.

AceOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2005, 2011, 2016 Mustang GTPP (Code_Blu), 2016 GT350R (Bloo-Doo)
Pipe dreams but I feel like this engine is more than capable of 580 HP (crank) with a throttle body and intake redesign, plus an appropriate retune. I know it's not just as easy as just slapping on new hardware or just fab'ing something up but I would like to think that maybe the demand will be there some day.

Not a pipe dream. I am making over 500 and 412 torque to the wheels with my built 5.2l Voodoo with CPC and turning 8400 rpm. This is still using the GT350 Intake manifold...CJ manifold could be worth another 25hp up top. over 4K miles on it racing and DD use.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Let's hope Ford offers us something for additional performance that is turnkey in the future. Looks like trial and error until then.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not a pipe dream. I am making over 500 and 412 torque to the wheels with my built 5.2l Voodoo with CPC and turning 8400 rpm. This is still using the GT350 Intake manifold...CJ manifold could be worth another 25hp up top. over 4K miles on it racing and DD use.
Oh I know it's possible but just with those two modifications, the throttle body and the intake manifold. I'd prefer to never install long tube headers on a multi cam Ford engine ever again.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Oh I know it's possible but just with those two modifications, the throttle body and the intake manifold. I'd prefer to never install long tube headers on a multi cam Ford engine ever again.
I'm considering long tubes. Can you tell me why you feel this way?

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
It is a royal pain in the ass, dick, and balls to do. And depending on where you are, can cause emissions headaches.
is the voodoo comparable to the coyote install? if so, i concur!

no way i was even considering turbos on my coyote because those headers were NOT coming off come hell or high water.

the sound, as well as the fumes of e85, make it all worth it though IMO :D
Sponsored