Cobra jet intake manfold

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have just been kind of looking around and found a write up on svt performance about a cobra jet intake on the VMP gt350.
https://www.*******************/2016/02/05/tech-gt350-vs-cobra-jet-intake-test/

In the effort to stay n/a, has anyone considered moving to the Cobra Jet from the stock manifold with an E85 tune? I see that there would be a concession of losing the engine brace and needing motor mounts to lower the engine to close the hood, but unless I am totally missing something, would this not possibly be an alternative to exact as much horsepower as possible n/a? Don't kill me because I am just learning about this car and want to look at as many options as possible before I decide which way to go in the way of future modifications. I am going to toss this at Injected Engineering too and get their thoughts. Feedback???
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Another member tried it but could not get the hood to fit even with the standard practices of lowering the engine and clearancing the hood.
It's actually not really the manifold but more how the intake tubes run, isn't it? Like if you didn't have an intake tube, the hood would close but that's obviously not going to work.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
The body of the manifold is way too high. The GT350 hood is very low and hugs the engine. Even on a GT with a higher hood, lowering the engine 1/2" it just barely fits.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think so... Sniper looks a little taller than the stock intake if you look at where the ports are located. But shorter than the Boss.
Mani.jpg

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Would that end up killing some of the top end? I guess I don't know the design specifically but unless the ports are moving stupid fast through a longer runner, I think that might be counter GT350-intuitive...?

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Would that end up killing some of the top end? I guess I don't know the design specifically but unless the ports are moving stupid fast through a longer runner, I think that might be counter GT350-intuitive...?
I would love to see a full dyno test on a GT350 to see how it compares to stock, I would surmise the longer runners might hurt the high RPM nature of the Voodoo

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The runners are still pretty long on the Sniper, but the box is narrower, top to bottom. The arrangement and ability to be made out of sheet metal helps keep the package small. I was torn between the two, but I liked the look of the OE style BOSS manifold better in the end.

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
The runners are still pretty long on the Sniper, but the box is narrower, top to bottom. The arrangement and ability to be made out of sheet metal helps keep the package small. I was torn between the two, but I liked the look of the OE style BOSS manifold better in the end.
Going to rob power in warmer weather. Composite over sheet metal for cooler air charge.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The mmr road runner makes a bit higher gains then the CJ manifold. It fits under a stock s550 gt hood with zero modifications according to them. . It also is rated for 8000rpm peak power. 250 higher than the CJ and boss. It should work well for the gt350

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I'd rather touch a used condom than anything from MMR.
Graphic. Hopefully it's your own. Fact remains their manifold is top dog unless you have Hogan or someone else make something for double the cost. I've never heard of a single manifold failure or billet gear failure or timing component. :shrug:
Sponsored