Pedalmax

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Agree you won't see an increase in overall torque and power, but based on what is described by the difference in feel, I suspect the curves down low would look a bit different.
The curves would be exactly the same. The only thing this controller does is amplify your throttle inputs.. it doesn't actually "speed up" throttle inputs, it merely increases them. I.e at 30% throttle position, the controller boosts that value to 60% for example (exact value unknown). Doesn't change the tune.

All I can say is that I feel it in the seat of my pants, big time. It's like all the torque is available instantly. I know it doesn't increase HP, but it's like someone woke up a beast. Take it for what it's worth, but I love the feel of it.
You could get the same thing by just pressing the accelerator harder than you were originally because that is all its really doing :thumbsup: :D
Sponsored

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
I'm a little skeptical about this mod. After doing a little info gathering. I talked to one of my friends that works at a Ford dealership (in the service department). I was told that they have had several Mustangs that where loosing power and even had a total loss of power. He indicated that all these mustang had a pedal max installed. After it was removed the cars had no more issues. He did say that they have not had any Shelby's that have had this issue. But they have seen it in the coyote, and eco boost.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I'm a little skeptical about this mod. After doing a little info gathering. I talked to one of my friends that works at a Ford dealership (in the service department). I was told that they have had several Mustangs that where loosing power and even had a total loss of power. He indicated that all these mustang had a pedal max installed. After it was removed the cars had no more issues. He did say that they have not had any Shelby's that have had this issue. But they have seen it in the coyote, and eco boost.
This simply sounds like either a poor install, or the pedalmax itself going bad.

If something shorts out on the pedalmax inside of it, you can press on the gas pedal all you want and it wouldn't pass that signal along to the rest of the car. There's a warranty on these things so really shouldn't be anything to worry about except a little time and effort to return for a replacement...

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
You are smart my friend. I would have eaten 50,000 in engines (2) if I had installed the Lund tune. There is E-85 across the street.

Sam
So what exactly is this supposed to mean? The Lund flex tune actually adds power and all the throttle response one can use.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I've been loving my pedalmax ever since I got it installed. It gives me the powerband alot quicker than stock. I never could push the stock accelerator quick enough to duplicate this. Ford could have done this at least for the perfpack gt's. Would really sucked to bought the gt350 and it have the same pedal lag as gt's. Surely Ford done those owners right.

Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Sold...lol I'm putting off the custom tune and JLT CAI for a while until I decide if I'm boosting this R or building up a NA monster.
As much as I hate cliches, this one is a no-brainer, as in you'd be brainless to choose to continue using 91 octane and throttle trickery vs. a Lund flex fuel tune which yields 30 105 octane-fueled extra horsepower and all the throttle response you can use.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I love my pedal commander. 4 modes with 4+/- sensitivity settings on each mode. :cheers:

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
Bumping an old thread on the JMS Pedalmax ....

Just installed one on my '18 GT350. Amazing difference through all gears. Makes the accelerator much, much more responsive, and seems to make the exhaust louder and throatier somehow, in the loud mode anyway.

They've updated the device, based on what others have posted here: You no longer need to disconnect the battery to install it on GT350s, and there are no more screws to connect the device to the harness. It just plugs in now. You also no longer need grease on the terminals. (The new devices don't ship with the grease or little screwdriver anymore). Took five minutes to install.

It's a little pricey, but worth it, IMHO.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to see you feel the same about it as I but this thread will die. Not but a handfull of takers on what this device delivers. Did you happen to add the option percentage control device? ..I've still got to add that soon. Have a gravel drive and cant keep the rock from flying everywhere.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I picked up a pedalmax second hand because I hate the lazy throttle on the 350. I was used to driving my tuned GT500s and could never get past the lazy throttle. I didn’t want a tune for warranty reasons so I picked one of these and figured what the hell, I’ll give it a shot. It is indeed the real deal and wakes up the throttle like I had hoped. It’s great from a stand still, but I most enjoy it when cruising in 4th, 5th, or 6th. You can actually modulate the throttle a bit while cruising and have it respond. Bottom line is the throttle is there immediately when you want to use it.

Go ahead and flame, but until you try it yourself I’d reserve comment. For those of you who have driven tuned cars, you know what the difference in throttle response is. That’s what this is without the tune.

Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Can be a bit intense in sport mode in the city, glad I can dial it up or down

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe this thread won't stall out again lol...Back when I purchased my pedalmax was considering a tune instead but the warranty issue got to concerning me. Anyhow went ahead with the pedalmax and I think it has been sufficient up to now. The responsiveness of it makes you think you've gained about 20-30 horses. Thing is you will adapt sooner or later and require more performance and thats where I'm at..

Last edited:

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Does it also auto blip or assist with that in any way?

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Does the Pedalmax work with Auto Blip?
Sponsored