Sponsored

MRR M350 vs SVE S350

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
I had my new GT7 wheels installed yesterday. I actually found the wheels did 'not' need a spacer for the basic clearance after the lug nuts were tightened. However, the wheel shop that did the work told me if I didn't put some spacers, when in a high G-force turn, the top of the wheel might tilt towards the strut (part that has the least clearance to the tire) and cause rubbing. So I had them add 8 mm spacers to the rear wheels and 5 mm spacers to the fronts. So the fronts now are 19x10 with 295 MPSS and the rears are now 19x11.5 with 325 MPSS. I took pictures of the differences and spacing.

I expect to move to the 345 MPSS in the near future after my 325 are used up. I just needed to see what the 325 size would look like and how it would perform. The grip on my 325 is clearly better than factory wheels, but still not great. I expect be getting 0-60 times in the low/mid 3 second range.
Before_and_After_2sm.jpg
Before_and_After_3sm.jpg
Before_and_After_5sm.jpg
Before_and_After_4sm.jpg
Before_and_After_6sm.jpg
After_clearance_sm.jpg
Before_and_After_1sm.jpg
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
That would be right. A 295 on the front with that wheel is extremely aggressive. A 285 will work, but I am running a 275 right now. i may switch to a 285 next season. [MENTION=8974]Mustang_Owner[/MENTION]

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I run 305s upfront its doable.

Our shop car runs 295 Toyo R888R tires upfront without issue, its all in the alignment.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged

Our shop car runs 295 Toyo R888R tires upfront without issue, its all in the alignment.
did you need castor plates to make that work? i think my 285s bairly rub on sharp turns.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

True, but for best track handing, that doesn't work so well with the correct amount of negative camber needed for best results. What camber are you running, as if you have it dialed in the way it should be, then I must be missing something else.

Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
i have the mrr350 wheels. ive tracked them road coarse and drag no issues. gonna try out the 5 spoke 6gr wheels next.

also only complaint i have about the two mrr wheels ive had is the paint. i was also told by a rep they do not focus on the inner wheel well. more the face of wheel. other than that they have been solid track wheels. definitely noticed the weight difference from stock pp wheels. o and also got selected for the sponsorship sent my card info and everything to pay for shipping, yet never got the wheels or a response. lol

anyone know how much the 5 spoke 6gr wheels weigh?
The paint/powder from MRR is despicable. Im on my 3rd replacement wheel. im lucky its only been one wheel flaking out. I would think that after continued replacements that the newest one they sent would be near perfect but not even close. Ive now spent more money continually mounting, rebalancing, and re cquartzing than I did on the wheel.

im real glad i went with these due to their discount and wanting to save money.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not for nothing, but the paint on my LMR GT7 wheels is perfect and very hard.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
True, but for best track handing, that doesn't work so well with the correct amount of negative camber needed for best results. What camber are you running, as if you have it dialed in the way it should be, then I must be missing something else.

What would that be?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What would that be?

Well, that depends on the track, and other setups that you may have on the car. For me I like -2.1° camber in the front for the street, and -3.2° seems to be the sweet spot for me at the track and autocross events. I haven't went any more negative than that yet though. Hence why I have 275's on the front. I'm afraid that to remove any more camber without a 5mm spacer on the front that I will rub the strut.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
yea ita pretty sad to see a sponsor drop the ball like that. on the other hand need for speed motor sports and project 6gr took amazing care of me and the paint quality looks top notch.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
MRR makes a great product. I got their M350 wheels from Need4Speed here on the forums and I run them very hard, tracking at least every other month and I've never had to replace them or have them recoated. Probably the best rims I've ever bought to be honest.

jdilissio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here is a side view from today. My car is completely stock other than PP strut tower brace and lower k brace.
This thread was exactly what I needed. I have been looking for great looking, light, affordable daily driver + HPDE wheels. Your side pic and tire dimensions gave me the confidence to make the purchase. SVE S350 19x10 Gloss Graphite. The graphite goes great with Ruby Red. Picked up Firestone Firehawk Indy 500, knowing the correct tire size of 275/40R19 based on your recommendation. Thanks everyone on this thread for giving me helpful info. I hope to take it out HPDE 11/4 at NJMP.
Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 12.17.30 PM.jpg

jdilissio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
This thread was exactly what I needed. I have been looking for great looking, light, affordable daily driver + HPDE wheels. Your side pic and tire dimensions gave me the confidence to make the purchase. SVE S350 19x10 Gloss Graphite. The graphite goes great with Ruby Red. Picked up Firestone Firehawk Indy 500, knowing the correct tire size of 275/40R19 based on your recommendation. Thanks everyone on this thread for giving me helpful info. I hope to take it out HPDE 11/4 at NJMP.
Those look great and thank god not black!! Yayyy someone gets it!! Plus 1 for the Firehawks too youll love them for the money IMO.:headbang:

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 magnetic Mustang GT premium non performance p
I had my new GT7 wheels installed yesterday. I actually found the wheels did 'not' need a spacer for the basic clearance after the lug nuts were tightened. However, the wheel shop that did the work told me if I didn't put some spacers, when in a high G-force turn, the top of the wheel might tilt towards the strut (part that has the least clearance to the tire) and cause rubbing. So I had them add 8 mm spacers to the rear wheels and 5 mm spacers to the fronts. So the fronts now are 19x10 with 295 MPSS and the rears are now 19x11.5 with 325 MPSS. I took pictures of the differences and spacing.

I expect to move to the 345 MPSS in the near future after my 325 are used up. I just needed to see what the 325 size would look like and how it would perform. The grip on my 325 is clearly better than factory wheels, but still not great. I expect be getting 0-60 times in the low/mid 3 second range.
Here is my 325 next to my stock 265 20. If i could have got my wheels in a 11.5 rear i would have got the 345 as well
rps20171126_185722.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: