MRR M350 vs SVE S350

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
Here's the inside of the SVE 350's for reference.

Same JLW and VIA marks, just in different places.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chris_keller

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Here's the inside of the SVE 350's for reference.

Same JLW and VIA marks, just in different places.

Awesome! That's good to know. Looks to me like there is zero difference...

OP
OP
chris_keller

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red

Sponsored

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here is a side view from today. My car is completely stock other than PP strut tower brace and lower k brace.
tmp_17514-20170605_123217-1280x9601345851360.jpg

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
what color are these MRR's?...they look darker than the gloss gunmetal.
I believe these are SVE wheels, not MRR...but I could be wrong. It appears to me that the lug openings are larger as well, are those stock lug nuts on those wheels???

Sponsored

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
Just a follow up. Tracked the car last night and banged plenty of curbs and rumble strips and the wheels amazingly held up ;)

OP
OP
chris_keller

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Just a follow up. Tracked the car last night and banged plenty of curbs and rumble strips and the wheels amazingly held up ;)
awesome! I'm still trying to figure out how you got 19x11 305's all around lol :thumbsup:

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what pics you're looking at. The spokes are clearly different.
I'm with Digital on this one. It looks like the SVE wheels have a "channel" in the rear of the spoke, I'm assuming this is to lighten the wheel up (could be wrong, just a guess).

I'm starting to think there are likely design and metallurgical differences, it is a question of significance. Without some sort of standardization test, doubt you will be able to measure it.

OP
OP
chris_keller

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
I'm with Digital on this one. It looks like the SVE wheels have a "channel" in the rear of the spoke, I'm assuming this is to lighten the wheel up (could be wrong, just a guess).

I'm starting to think there are likely design and metallurgical differences, it is a question of significance. Without some sort of standardization test, doubt you will be able to measure it.
Oh, didn't realize we were talking about the backside of the wheel looking different...lol. Don't really consider that when saying the wheel "looks" the same.

I say we all pull our money together and end the debate once and for all. Buy one of each wheel, and we can send it to me. I will cut some samples off the spokes of each wheel and run tensile tests on them and take a Rockwell Hardness measurement of each sample. I'll also run the samples through XRD/XRF to run metallurgical composition of each wheel. Can also do a TRS 3 point bending or Charpy test to measure toughness HAHA :D We can probably pull 5-10 samples off each wheel I'd bet.

We can test it and answer the questions if we want to. Like anything else, all it takes is money lol

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, didn't realize we were talking about the backside of the wheel looking different...lol. Don't really consider that when saying the wheel "looks" the same.

I say we all pull our money together and end the debate once and for all. Buy one of each wheel, and we can send it to me. I will cut some samples off the spokes of each wheel and run tensile tests on them and take a Rockwell Hardness measurement of each sample. I'll also run the samples through XRD/XRF to run metallurgical composition of each wheel. Can also do a TRS 3 point bending or Charpy test to measure toughness HAHA :D We can probably pull 5-10 samples off each wheel I'd bet.

We can test it and answer the questions if we want to. Like anything else, all it takes is money lol
I'm sure there is some NDT we can do as well while we are at it... x-ray or ultrasonic (or both, might as well be thorough).

Joking aside, so long as you like it and it works, more power to you. Personally, I have seen guys break wheels (or other stuff) because the aftermarket wheel wasn't manufactured well or it weighed to damn much for the suspension. Since I am an aggressive driver, I'd like to know if I'm inheriting a problem or about to start with an awesome upgrade.
Sponsored