Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
found another feature over on the F-150 forums that I can confirm works on the automatic Mustang called Secure Idle.

Basically, this allows you to exit the car with the key, leave the car running, and keep the vehicle from engaging any gear (shift interlock will not allow the shifter to move). Perfect for those that want to run in the gas station, but don't want to shut the car off while doing so. This also prevents the vehicle from allowing a restart after the key has been removed (stock allows you to restart the car within 30 seconds of shutting it down even if the key has been removed from the vehicle).

726-42-01 x0xx xxxx xxxx (Secure Idle disabled)
726-42-01 x1xx xxxx xxxx (Secure Idle enabled)
Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
found another feature over on the F-150 forums that I can confirm works on the automatic Mustang called Secure Idle.

Basically, this allows you to exit the car with the key, leave the car running, and keep the vehicle from engaging any gear (shift interlock will not allow the shifter to move). Perfect for those that want to run in the gas station, but don't want to shut the car off while doing so. This also prevents the vehicle from allowing a restart after the key has been removed (stock allows you to restart the car within 30 seconds of shutting it down even if the key has been removed from the vehicle).

726-42-01 x0xx xxxx xxxx (Secure Idle disabled)
726-42-01 x1xx xxxx xxxx (Secure Idle enabled)
I wonder what would happen in a manual, maybe turn the car off if the clutch is engaged? I might have to try this.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I wonder what would happen in a manual, maybe turn the car off if the clutch is engaged? I might have to try this.
Find out. I'd be interested in this. I don't care for the "Car will start anytime" after the key is removed. If you don't have the key on you, you don't need to be driving my dang car.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Find out. I'd be interested in this. I don't care for the "Car will start anytime" after the key is removed. If you don't have the key on you, you don't need to be driving my dang car.
Exactly, you are never going to be driving and throw the key out the window hahaha. And if you are dumb enough to drive away without the key after it loudly yells at you saying no key, that's on you. I will see if I have time to play with this tonight.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
It won't start anytime after the key is removed. Only once, for about 30s after shutting off, in case you're stalled and need to restart immediately, but the fob is not detected.

You can also lock your car using the fob while it is running. The interior lock button on the driver side doesn't work (will lock, and immediately unlock if the door is open). Although the passenger side might... I've never tried. The exterior door handle touch lock doesn't work if the vehicle is running.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Exactly, you are never going to be driving and throw the key out the window hahaha. And if you are dumb enough to drive away without the key after it loudly yells at you saying no key, that's on you. I will see if I have time to play with this tonight.
you could be driving through a large amount of RF noise, or possibly have ignored fob maintenance and let the battery die. Both would be equal to throwing the fob out of the window for a few moments if not longer.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
you could be driving through a large amount of RF noise, or possibly have ignored fob maintenance and let the battery die. Both would be equal to throwing the fob out of the window for a few moments if not longer.
You have a point, I didn't think about RF interference.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Would be interesting to find out for sure! Definitely report back with your findings if you get a chance to play around with it :)

Make sure you change the as-built information before starting the car, then turn everything off and open the door to shut down all electronics after flashing the mod. I made the mistake of not cycling power after changing the as-built, and couldn't get it to work properly.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Is the google spreadsheet linked in the first post still updated?

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Would be interesting to find out for sure! Definitely report back with your findings if you get a chance to play around with it :)

Make sure you change the as-built information before starting the car, then turn everything off and open the door to shut down all electronics after flashing the mod. I made the mistake of not cycling power after changing the as-built, and couldn't get it to work properly.
Did you not disconnect the module in ForScan when you are done writing? Because I have done that and changes did not apply. It sounds like you forced the disconnect by power cycling everything.

Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Did you not disconnect the module in ForScan when you are done writing? Because I have done that and changes did not apply. It sounds like you forced the disconnect by power cycling everything.
Nope, module was disconnected, and DTC's were read to make sure nothing was set by making the change. Not sure why it didn't take the first time. I did try the exact same procedure on my wife's Edge with the same result, and when I took the above mentioned steps, it worked as well. :shrug:

93calypso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3 mustang, 93 2.3 mustang lx
so for the linelock, what if someone was able to replace their module with a gt one then make the changes in the system? they dont go for much on ebay. does it have to be a specific gt one? ill be getting all the stuff here soon, mostly looking forward to the double honk eliminator and the navigation!

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
so for the linelock, what if someone was able to replace their module with a gt one then make the changes in the system? they dont go for much on ebay. does it have to be a specific gt one? ill be getting all the stuff here soon, mostly looking forward to the double honk eliminator and the navigation!
GT and Ecoboost modules are the same, I suspect there is something in the GT ECU that allows the ABS module enable line lock. There is another member here that claims he had it enabled on his Eco, but I attempted the procedure he said was used and it did not work on my car. I have also tried numerous as-built mods, all of which resulted in a CEL and advancetrac errors being displayed.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Has anyone used this adapter?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-USB-V1-5-modified-ELMconfig-CH340-25K80-chip-HS-CAN-MS-CAN-Forscan-/222250642720?hash=item33bf2bad20:g:2v8AAOSwV0RXrux6&item=222250642720&vxp=mtr
s-l1600.jpg

If so, any idea where I can get drivers for it with English file names? I've tried emailing the seller and haven't gotten a reply. I'm not sure if that is Chinese or what but not crazy about loading drivers with file names like "2.驱动文件CH341SER".

For anyone looking for a good cheap adapter
This $16 eBay adapter works great and no driver was needed in Windows 10.
When connected it shows:
Port: COM3, 500000 kbps
Type: Standard COM
Adapter: ELM327v1.4
Min.delay: 3 ms (Excellent)
Errors: None

It shows 26 modules it supports which as far as I've seen is all of them.

Last edited:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Has anyone used this adapter?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-USB-V1-5-modified-ELMconfig-CH340-25K80-chip-HS-CAN-MS-CAN-Forscan-/222250642720?hash=item33bf2bad20:g:2v8AAOSwV0RXrux6&item=222250642720&vxp=mtr

If so, any idea where I can get drivers for it with English file names? I've tried emailing the seller and haven't gotten a reply. I'm not sure if that is Chinese or what but not crazy about loading drivers with file names like "2.驱动文件CH341SER".
Don't ever use ebay. There's a reason things are cheap. They don't work, and by the time you figure that out the company is either gone or a return is the same price as the "product"... and they've made their money. Their account gets shut down, but they just open another. They pay people to give them good reviews, and do it all over again.
Sponsored