Sponsored

Lund Racing Shelby GT350 Tuning now available!!!!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Does the lopey idle tune apply for the GT350?
I asked him that and he said not yet but will be available by email soon and free
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
Are the Dyno numbers with E85 on the site tune only or with tune and CAI? Is there a noticeable difference after the tune? Lastly, can you fill up with e85/93 freely?

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
I have some further questions about this:
- How does this affect driveability of the car?
- How does this affect the reliability of the engine?
- How does this affect the engine's longevity?
- Assuming that this is something that would void the factory warranty(I'd love it if were wrong, but I don't see this being the case), how easy is it to 'undo' this if you have to take the car to the dealer?
- Does this affect the emissions compliance that these cars have?
- How difficult is the install?
- Understanding that we're not buying this car because of amazing fuel economy, will this have any affect on the fuel consumptionof the car?
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I have some further questions about this:
- How does this affect driveability of the car?
- How does this affect the reliability of the engine?
- How does this affect the engine's longevity?
- Assuming that this is something that would void the factory warranty(I'd love it if were wrong, but I don't see this being the case), how easy is it to 'undo' this if you have to take the car to the dealer?
- Does this affect the emissions compliance that these cars have?
- How difficult is the install?
- Understanding that we're not buying this car because of amazing fuel economy, will this have any affect on the fuel consumptionof the car?
Thanks in advance!
Driveability should be the same or better
should not affect reliablility or longevity

just flash back to stock

rear 02's will be turned off, but they can be left on if you choose

install is just a few minutes, just plug into the port and flash

more than likely will go down because your foot will be heavy, lol

however, if you drove them exactly the same trying to "get mileage" should be the same or better

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
just flash back to stock

Just a fair warning, Flashing to stock doesn't really do anything in regards to potential warranty issues. They will still know you tune the car if they care to check. The only thing you can do is get yourself a mod friendly dealer that will tell big Ford everything they want to hear so the Warranty claim will be G2G. As they say, P2P ;)

OT, It looks like this wasn't a very happy dyno lol. But really nice TQ gains, if I won the lottery I'd totally buy a 350 and turn my GT into a drag machine :D

Hopefully, soon there will be more NA potential with the 350...over 500whp on 93 would be magical.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I have a couple questions re the E85 tune

1. I thought someone noted in a post here that the Ford manual states that the 350 is NOT rated for use of this fuel. My casual understanding is that it requires special seal materials in the fuel line, and/or for other devices in the fuel line, to tolerate the alcohol. While temporary use might not cause a problem, long term use likely would. As a track junkie, I appreciate the logic to burn it at the track (get the benefits and it doesn't stay in the tank long), but would question its use on the street.

2. If all they change is the ECM program (for E85), how does their tune "sense" the presence of E85, or a mix with gasoline? I guess you could keep pushing the timing and looking for knock, but I thought flex fuel cars had a sensor system feeding data to the ECM about the current fuel in the system. Seems like without a feedback sensor, you would have to assume a specific mix (pick a number between E10-E85), or is there another way, already monitored, which can determine the alcohol ratio?

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing more test results, as I plan some bolt ons for mine (someday...........:(...Ford, anything??? )

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It would be fine to use it occasionally, and I'd bet money that it would be fine to use exclusively. I'm not going to get into the fact that the fuel system is built to be ethanol safe because I don't want to start an argument, but I can break down the way the Flex Fuel tune works.

If the O2 sensors are the same as the 11-14, they read lambda. 1.0 lambda is the most efficient air to fuel ratio for any given fuel (stoich). For ethanol free gasoline, 1.0 lambda equals 14.7:1 AFR. For E85, 1.0 lambda equals 9.9:1. No matter what fuel you run, the ECU adds or removes fuel from the mixture to make it equal 1.0 lambda (or whatever the commanded fueling is). WOT fueling will probably be set between 0.85-0.88 lambda.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
It would be fine to use it occasionally, and I'd bet money that it would be fine to use exclusively. I'm not going to get into the fact that the fuel system is built to be ethanol safe because I don't want to start an argument, but I can break down the way the Flex Fuel tune works.

If the O2 sensors are the same as the 11-14, they read lambda. 1.0 lambda is the most efficient air to fuel ratio for any given fuel (stoich). For ethanol free gasoline, 1.0 lambda equals 14.7:1 AFR. For E85, 1.0 lambda equals 9.9:1. No matter what fuel you run, the ECU adds or removes fuel from the mixture to make it equal 1.0 lambda (or whatever the commanded fueling is). WOT fueling will probably be set between 0.85-0.88 lambda.
the ecu will do whatever we tell it to do with lambda

if we command .78 or .80 thats what the car will try to achieve.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Is anybody actually running this tune yet? I'd just like to know if I'm going to be the Guinea pig for it :eek:

My tuner just arrived today.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Well, what I mean is, is anybody running it that doesn't have a vested interest in saying "it's fine"? :)

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i know at least one of the forum guys has it on his car