Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang

CarterRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
To all NOTHING will compare to Nokian Hakkapelittias!!

I had them on my car all last winter and living in Northern North Dakota it was a blast!

Car was unbelieveably better in the snow than i expected!

10/10 wood winter again with these tires LOL!!

https://www.nokiantires.com/winter-tires/nokian-hakkapeliitta-r2/

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/winter-tire-test-six-top-brands-tested-compared-feature

Nokian comparison test won every catagory but price.

Try hard enough and you can find them cheap enough.

They were worth every penny last year.

Good luck finding a better set!
I will echo this. Best tire company hands down. I got the 8s (non studded, rare) for $1200 mounted and balanced.

OP
OP
csmaan12

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Well I ended up ordering a full set of LM-32 Blizzaks...the Hakkas are way too expensive for me, and the ones I linked earlier seem sketchy so, I just went with Blizzaks like the majority. 245/45/19.

Now the question of the day is when is too early to mount them up?

CarterRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Well I ended up ordering a full set of LM-32 Blizzaks...the Hakkas are way too expensive for me, and the ones I linked earlier seem sketchy so, I just went with Blizzaks like the majority. 245/45/19.

Now the question of the day is when is too early to mount them up?
If you have all season tires, I say once you see snow in the forecast. If you have summer only tires. I say once temps are below 40 consistently.

OP
OP
csmaan12

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have all season tires, I say once you see snow in the forecast. If you have summer only tires. I say once temps are below 40 consistently.
The Pzero Nero 255 all seasons lol, with about 4/32nds all around.

Sponsored

CarterRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The Pzero Nero 255 all seasons lol, with about 4/32nds all around.
Get as much out of them as you can because you'll need new ones next year. Without snow you should be fine. If you notice you are spinning tires consistently once the temp gets low, swap the snows in. Given snow tires are $$$, I try to hold out as long as possible. In NH I usually put them on after the first snow. Or before if I notice the weather in time. Typically this is around end of Nov, beginning of December.

OP
OP
csmaan12

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get as much out of them as you can because you'll need new ones next year. Without snow you should be fine. If you notice you are spinning tires consistently once the temp gets low, swap the snows in. Given snow tires are $$$, I try to hold out as long as possible. In NH I usually put them on after the first snow. Or before if I notice the weather in time. Typically this is around end of Nov, beginning of December.
Alright cool, thanks for the advice. It's my first time having dedicated snow tires lol. Never even driven on them before, so here's hoping they perform as stated.

CarterRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Alright cool, thanks for the advice. It's my first time having dedicated snow tires lol. Never even driven on them before, so here's hoping they perform as stated.
No problem. Just remember, just because you have snows doesn't mean you can smash the gas in the snow and get traction. That is unless you don't want traction, say in an empty parking lot. Blizzaks are awesome and you should not have a problem unless you are in deep snow. And even then you may still get around. You'll be able to feel the rear end easily and it'll help you manage the gas pedal.

OP
OP
csmaan12

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem. Just remember, just because you have snows doesn't mean you can smash the gas in the snow and get traction. That is unless you don't want traction, say in an empty parking lot. Blizzaks are awesome and you should not have a problem unless you are in deep snow. And even then you may still get around. You'll be able to feel the rear end easily and it'll help you manage the gas pedal.
Hell no, I already had experience with snow on my current tires earlier this year, in March I think. I was able to drive but that was hellish and I had absolutely no confidence at all, even when making 5mph turns.

My friends and I have a dedicated hooning spot away from the public if we want to go be idiots.

On the roads I don't mess around, even with my old car which was FWD and gave me a lot more confidence, I try to be 4 steps ahead of everyone around me.
Sponsored