Sponsored

PP Toe links Install Cause Creaking?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
So swapped out the stockers for the PP. Now, I also installed BMR lockout kit, vert links, and PP sway bars (free), but there was a few days difference on install, toe links went in last. The few days in between I did not notice the groan and creak, but it's mentionable factor. Now from a stop it sounds like a creak and groan. Would over torquing be the culprit here on the toe links?
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
First of all the PP car has the same toe links as every single other GT I've ever come across, so I'm not sure that was even necessary. Did you get an alignment after installing replacement toe links and, if so, did the technician tighten the toe adjustment down properly?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION], he has a V6 not a GT. Though that does bring up a question I've had, is it the the same toe link across the board or just the GT models?

Only other thing I could think of is are the rest of the sway bar bolts properly tightened?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
EBs seem to have the same toe link as the PP - but I've only been under 2 EBs.

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
What I learned from doing mod to our IRS is that you will get some noises even if you torque everything down correctly. You may need to have the car on full weight and reclock all the joints with a rubber bushing. I had check my suspension and torqued everything single bolts on that rear IRS and I still get creak and cracks randomly at times.

Sponsored

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
k, as it was stated. I have a V6 toe links aren't the same. I do all my own work, but I am new to suspension modding on this gen mustang, IRS for that matter. No alignment has been done, as of now. I will have one done after I install the adjustable end links in the next week. Creaks and groans that show up occassionlly I understand. All my mustangs had this issue here and there, but nothing like this unless I did a full poly bushing swap and greasing was poorly done. It literally creaks everytime, all the time from a stop and it's not subtle. Sounds like I'm driving an old ass car. I torqued the upper bolts on the PP toe links to spec, but I believe I may have over torqued the lower nut. Oh, and I did put lowering springs all around as well.

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
k, as it was stated. I have a V6 toe links aren't the same. I do all my own work, but I am new to suspension modding on this gen mustang, IRS for that matter. No alignment has been done, as of now. I will have one done after I install the adjustable end links in the next week. Creaks and groans that show up occassionlly I understand. All my mustangs had this issue here and there, but nothing like this unless I did a full poly bushing swap and greasing was poorly done. It literally creaks everytime, all the time from a stop and it's not subtle. Sounds like I'm driving an old ass car. I torqued the upper bolts on the PP toe links to spec, but I believe I may have over torqued the lower nut. Oh, and I did put lowering springs all around as well.
Lowering springs make noise. When I had them before I went airlift. Try to put your car on a drive on lift or racing ramp and loosing up all the bushing with full car weight then retorque before the alignment. This will most likely to fix your creak and crack issue.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I will be headed to the auto hobby shop tomm (just recieved my new endlinks in the mail) to install new front endlinks. I will lossen all the bolts in the rear on all installed parts and retorque everything under full weight and see what that does.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
eliminated the creak and groan! went through all the bolts I touched during my upgrades and retourqued them under load. it worked, so thanks for the advice.

now, for whatever reason I can't eliminate the clunking I get from the front passenger strut after going over sharp bumps. done everything I can think of from reseating the strut and spring, replace the endlinks, check the sway bar bolts, replace the strut mount, etc. Any ideas? I can't think it would be the strut.
Sponsored