Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Nothing to contribute here beyond a laugh and appreciation of the thread title.

:lol::lol::lol:
Sponsored

MrMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Base GT
I'm glad this thread title drew me in. My tire shop destroyed the stock lugs, they must not have put the socket all the way down the lug and only hit the sheet metal.

I wanted an excuse to get black lug nuts, gorillas are on the way.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I'm glad this thread title drew me in. My tire shop destroyed the stock lugs, they must not have put the socket all the way down the lug and only hit the sheet metal.

I wanted an excuse to get black lug nuts, gorillas are on the way.
You'll be very happy with them. I bought the black set that includes all locking lugs, about a year ago, and the tires have been off about a dozen times since then. Each of them are still in near perfect condition, with no chips, deformations, or even really scratching. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

JR

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
When I was swapping off my stock wheels I had two issues. One was the factory locking lug adapter broke. The splines inside snapped like plastic. The second thing was a regular lug stripped.

Both times, it was the very last lug nut I had to remove. Luckily I got them off with some old-fashioned tear the sh*t up.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
A bit late to the party but I have to agree that the factory lugs are little better than paper weights. I took my first s550 in to the dealer for a TSB on the non PP brakes and they got one lug stuck in the impact gun, damaging both the lug and their tool :lol::tsk:

A couple guys have mentioned Gorilla lugs and I can attest to their quality and durability. I've used the same lugs for over a year. Removed the wheels probably close to 20 times. Still going strong. I do however only use hand tools, never impact guns to tighten or remove lugs. Here's a link to what I have...

Gorilla Locking Lugs 14x1.5

:cheers:
Is this the exact size? If so I'll order off this link right meow.

It was only 4 bolts that had an issue previously. Dealer rotated tires. Now it's all but 2 that don't get stuck in my 21mm. That's crazy

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this the exact size? If so I'll order off this link right meow.

It was only 4 bolts that had an issue previously. Dealer rotated tires. Now it's all but 2 that don't get stuck in my 21mm. That's crazy
That is the correct size, and that's a RIDICULOUSLY good price for the set of 20 wheel locks. CJ Pony Parts has them for $109, and when I bought them on sale last year, they were about $89.

JR

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So the 18" wheel takes the 14x1.5 acorn type?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Adams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
The reviews on Amazon of the gorilla lugs are not very flattering. Lots of people saying they rust within a year. Anyone recommend some gloss black lugs that are great quality?

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Just got my gorrila lug nuts in due to this thread. I love them. Managed to get 2 of my stripped nuts off. 4 more to go.
Sponsored