Sponsored

Fixing wrinkles in leather

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm running the premium trim leather option, and I'm noticing that on the driver side some small wrinkles in the material are starting to pop up. Passenger side is OK so far.

What's people's recommendation for removing? I want to maintain at best as possible so they don't grow or spread.
IMG_20170213_102153.jpg
Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Not much you can do. Getting in, getting out and the weight of yourself when sitting stretches out the leather a bit, which is what causes the wrinkles and waves. You can practice setting yourself down gently instead of sliding across the seat but that only decreases additional wear mainly on the bolsters. You could try to use a steamer but you have to be real careful not to burn the top-coated surface. This is normal wear and tear. Every car with a leather interior will have this problem. If they dont' the driver probably weights 100 lbs or uses those ugly seat covers.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I worry more about wear and tear on the doorside bloster

cobrachris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium guard saddle 20 inch rims
Not much you can do. Getting in, getting out and the weight of yourself when sitting stretches out the leather a bit, which is what causes the wrinkles and waves. You can practice setting yourself down gently instead of sliding across the seat but that only decreases additional wear mainly on the bolsters. You could try to use a steamer but you have to be real careful not to burn the top-coated surface. This is normal wear and tear. Every car with a leather interior will have this problem. If they dont' the driver probably weights 100 lbs or uses those ugly seat covers.
Yeah,normal wear and tear on a new Mustang.I've had my dealer replace both seat covers to no avail.The leather seats in my 10 year old Infiniti look brand new but the seats in my 15 look 10 years old .

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I have the same issue with my seats. Premium leather with wrinkles already. It annoys me but from what I've seen it happens to everyone with the new Premium s550's. My 12 year old Grand Cherokee's leather looks better. I also notice some scuff on the side bolsters with at least one being caused by the seat belt.

Dkar26

MaxPower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
I have a 2105 F-150 and the same problem exists with the leather seats in these, too!

Great job Ford.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I have a 2105 F-150 and the same problem exists with the leather seats in these, too!

Great job Ford.
Mine is a little loose like OP's as well. But it isn't just a Ford issue. My Infiniti was so bad I had the lower leather replaced twice under warranty. It of course came back and I just lived with it after that.
Sponsored