Sponsored

Problems with my Roush AB

BrianGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys, I have a nasty rattle coming from my driver side roush ab muffler. I took the tip off and was able to stop the rattle by gently prying against the inner pipe. So basically I have defective muffler. Problem is, I purchased this second hand. Is there anything Roush can do for me without an original proof of purchase? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey guys, I have a nasty rattle coming from my driver side roush ab muffler. I took the tip off and was able to stop the rattle by gently prying against the inner pipe. So basically I have defective muffler. Problem is, I purchased this second hand. Is there anything Roush can do for me without an original proof of purchase? Thanks in advance

Call them and find out. I'm sure they won't like any negative press. IIRC, I believe I've heard of the same issue happening before and Roush took care of them.

OP
OP

BrianGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Called and spoke to them. They will not cover it due to it being purchased second hand and not being able to provide an invoice. It would be $250 for the one muffler. I guess that's better than buying an entire new system. Just kinda sucks that there were no outside signs of it being dropped or abused. This muffler should not have failed this quickly. Even though i love the sound, i may go a different route in case this problem repeats itself with the other side.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I had also spoke to our tech guys earlier today but i see you called. Unfortunate to say we cant given you purchased second hand. However its a 5.0L kit correct? What side ? I can check our ebay inventory for one that may have a ding or something that you can get at a discount.

OP
OP

BrianGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'd appreciate it! Yes, it's the original 5.0 kit. I need the driver side.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Never heard of this problem before. Who did you buy it from? Just wondering if the problem you're experiencing was the reason they were selling it.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
$250 for one muffler or $400-600 for a new AB system with a warranty - I'd do #2. Also, historically Roush exhausts are made by Borla, who has been having welding talent issues, and a few guys in my club have had rattling Borla exhausts that Borla replaced... in one case, numerous times, in order to get it right. Steeda's ABs are made my Magnaflow. Maybe try those - they sound great. I'm sure they'll hook you up with a nice discount if you contact them on this forum. Other manufacturers make ABs, too. Good time to go full catback! I like Solo Performance.

Sorry, but there's no excuse for a non-physically-damaged exhaust system to rattle internally on cars this young and the whole "we don't have a receipt because you bought it second hand" thing... common. I get you gotta draw the line somewhere, but man... not just replacing it opens the door for guys like me to say "Hey, try someone else's exhaust!" instead of "Wow, it's great of Roush to make an exception and go ahead and replace that for you even though you bought it second hand." But... I'm not the accountant...

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-fastback-gt-axle-back-exhaust-system-15-16-gt-159-0001/

OP
OP

BrianGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I bought the axle back used on eBay, so it's probably my own fault. I did work out a solution with Kyle at Roush though. I can honestly say that their customer service lives up to its reputation. I couldn't have been happier. Thanks Kyle for everything!

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I bought the axle back used on eBay, so it's probably my own fault. I did work out a solution with Kyle at Roush though. I can honestly say that their customer service lives up to its reputation. I couldn't have been happier. Thanks Kyle for everything!
No problem, glad to help ! Tossed a couple small goodies in with the muffler as well.

Let me know if you need anything else !
Sponsored

Last edited: