OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We/KB have sold and/or installed over 100 systems in the past year. Boost Works is a satellite test facility for Kenne Bell, and I have personally worked with KB on/off for the past 15 years in this industry. Our IAT's logged in the Houston heat (100+ degrees, 80+% humidity) while cruising around are usually in the 115-120 degree range. We've seen as high as 128 while sitting in traffic. The supercharger is recycling air during cruise, and the TB is barely open. The temps do show higher. As soon as you roll into the throttle, or go WOT, they drop down immediately to the 115 degree range on a 90+ degree day.

At 115-125 degrees, no timing is being pulled. We have shown time and time again that our system makes a ton of power on pump gas, and there are plenty of people out there to back that up.

Lower IAT's are always a good thing, but they're not the end all, be all, and we've certainly proven that. Our race car runs full out for a mile straight at 1200+whp. Know what the IAT's get up to? A balmy 108 degrees. 10 gallons of capacity, and 4.5 gallons per minute of flow, measured from the return hose. All through the STOCK manifold and fittings that are claimed to be so restrictive.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Think we don't real world test our stuff? Here's a video with 2 back to back 150+mph highway bombs, in a 700whp, 3.15 gear/auto car. 2 big ass guys and a full tank of 93 octane.

[ame]

Here's the data-log, after driving the car 15 minutes to get to this stretch of road. IAT's are at 126 at 150mph before lifting. That's back to back floggings, and starting off at 113 degrees IAT before the first pull.

Red (ACT)= Downstream charge air temps (post blower IAT's.. 126 degrees max. This is two back to back 150mph hits after driving for 15 minutes prior)
Blue (SAFTOT)= Ignition advance (timing at a conservative/safe 18.3 degrees on 93 octane)
Orange (VS_IN_MPH)= Vehicle speed in MPH (150mph on this pull/log)
Green (KNOCK)= Timing being added or taken away due to knock. A negative number here means that the PCM not seeing any knock, and adding that amount of timing. So, for -1.6XX, we were actually adding 1.6XX degrees. Total timing is shown in the blue column.

Another 800s equipped (manual car). 684whp, same package. Multiple highway bombs to 150+mph on 93 octane.

[ame]

On top of that.. here's a video that RacingFX made of this same exact car. We burned 3/4 of a tank of 93 that evening in about an hour. Racing non-stop against multiple cars..

[ame]

These guys have no issues with IAT's. We back up what we sell with real world data, and testing on the track and on the street.

Here's our 1200whp 2015 GT (1130whp at the time) running the Texas Mile. Went 178mph at the 1/2 mile, and couldn't run it out the back because of a hard coded speed limiter at 300kph, which Lund hadn't figured out a way around. Data-log shows Torque Source 3 (vehicle speed limiter) at 181mph, but we were on a 29" tall Hoosier R7. So, we were actually around 191mph on GPS. You can hear me hit the speed limiter in 5th gear at 191-192mph on the GPS. Watch in high resolution, and you can see the actual GPS speed on the unit mounted to the dash.

[ame]

Here's the datalog for that run, showing at 191mph on GPS.

Here's the breakdown in color coded sections for those who aren't used to looking at logs:

Red (ACT)= Downstream charge air temps (post blower IAT's)
Blue (SAFTOT)= Ignition advance (timing)
Orange (VS_IN_MPH)= Vehicle speed in MPH (off by about 10mph due to taller tire.. 181mph was actually 191-192mph on the 29" Hoosier)
Green (KNOCK)= Timing being added or taken away due to knock. A negative number here means that the PCM not seeing any knock, and adding that amount of timing. So, for -2.9xx, we were actually adding 2.9xx degrees. 18.8 to 19 degrees of timing (shown in blue) at 1130whp on E85 is pretty nice.
Yellow (TQ_SOURCE)- If you look at the last 2 cells (highlighted), you can see we go TQ SOURCE 3, which means vehicle speed limiter. This is the hard coded limiter that we couldn't get around.
Purple (TIME)= Amount of time in milliseconds that the log was recording. At the top of this pull, the car had been running and logging for 1 minute and 25 seconds. That's crank up, slight warm up, burnout, and about 3/4 of a mile of run time at WOT.

This was with a STOCK Kenne Bell lower manifold, intercooler, and fittings. We ran 1" hose to the back of the car, with a 10 gallon cell, and reduced down to 3/4" hose about a foot and 1/2 before and after the intercooler. 1" hose returns to the tank in the back. Flow rate is 4.8 gallons per minute this way. This car is driven on the highway in Houston traffic all the time. His IAT's never get above 125 or so cruising at slow speed in traffic.

So, There's real world data from mild to wild in terms of what we offer. We change nothing from KB in terms of the lower manifold. We have no problem showing anyone what we log.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I like the way Travis holds his ground. If you don't, they'll ride you for ever... :lol:

No doubt! It's obvious he has nothing to hide and he backs his claims with data and facts! Makes guys like [MENTION=20913]Department Of Boost[/MENTION] look like an asshole for trying to jack his thread

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Haha, go Travis go!

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Nice to see the data logs and videos of some street testing. Thanks Travis.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The posts were removed.. I have no problem defending our product and/or Kenne Bell. At the end of the day, we personally drive and race what we sell. We believe in our product and have tons of data to back it all up. :)

Sponsored

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Travis sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but what is the install time for a guy with average mechanical skill and a lift in his garage?

PowerAdderGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Travis, I like what I'm seeing from your kit so far, but I and I'm sure others would like to see some 1/4 mile data. Do you have any you can post up?

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
The posts were removed.. I have no problem defending our product and/or Kenne Bell. At the end of the day, we personally drive and race what we sell. We believe in our product and have tons of data to back it all up. :)
Kill them with datalogs and track timeslips, it's hard to argue ;)

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
This kit is great! Looking forward to seeing some setups and I'll continue to save for this kit. Any eta on the install time for this kit ?

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Travis, I like what I'm seeing from your kit so far, but I and I'm sure others would like to see some 1/4 mile data. Do you have any you can post up?

We went 10.20's in our full weight mt82 car on sticky tires. This was at 660whp.

Another one of our customers just went 10.80's with a full weight auto on stock tires. Lol

We don't do a lot of 1/4 mile, honestly. We're big into half and 1 mile events. I need to get back to the drag strip more often, though.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.